I'm disgusted and could scream!

conversationstarters
keto
newbies
fasting
food

(Robin) #61

I know it’s been a while. Just want to see how you are doing. Besides what the scales are telling you. How are you?
I also wanted to share that while I share your addict’s approach to life in general (and those last 20 can freaking haunt you), I gave up on my last 20 a few months back. I weigh monthly at the most. Apparently my body has decided it’s safe to start shedding some more fat/weight. I just dipped below my absolute best case goal weight. I’m trying not to freak out and start weighing every day and obsessing over it. I just want to carry on and calm down and trust the process. I honestly would have been fine without reaching this goal… but I guess maybe I needed to stop white-knuckling the details. Who knows, I may gain some back. And then I will be working on not freaking out about THAT. I personally think the devil may hold stock in scales.

(Doug) #62

Well said, OD. I’ve asked 3 doctors and 2 nurse practitioners about that very thing, and got no good answers. The best was along the lines of, “I hear you, some people perhaps should look into alternative things, but we have a well-established standard of care.”

One of the doctors positively bristled, “Nutrition fads come and go, but most people are not following the food pyramid to begin with.” He got mad and impatient nearly instantly with the discussion.

One nurse practitioner - a pre-diabetic if I’ve ever seen one - was adamant: “People need to quit eating candy and get more fresh fruit.” Rather a large internal sigh from me at that point.

Since retiring, I’m on my wife’s medical insurance and have a new doctor, a guy about my age - early 60s I’m guessing - and he seems pretty cool and open to things. We will see…