IF turned into EF!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #1

I had a huge lunch yesterday of steak, bacon and bacon wrapped shrimp. After I ate, I decided to do a simple 24 hour fast. At the 24 hour mark I was not hungry. So here I sit at the 30 hour mark and I am still not hungry. My first thought is “Why stop now”…

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #2

Pretty amazing! Cheering you on!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #3

Thank you Kailey! I appreciate you!

And that’s how it happens. My first fast was a week and even at the end of that I didn’t want to stop, but really wanted to eat. Wasn’t hungry, just wanted to eat. It’s crazy how good you feel towards the end. If I wasn’t trying to put on muscle I would still do week long fasts.

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #5

My wife’s first fast was an accidental 3 day fast. She just wasn’t hungry so didn’t eat. And since she had seen my fast several days in a row, she was pretty sure it wouldn’t kill her.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #6

My morning pink salt. 44 hours and feel really good!!!

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #7

Good morning! While you EF, I IF 22:2. Day 4 today, feeling great and not hungry.

Thanks for the pink salt reminder.

(Doug) #8

The best parties often arise spontaneously.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #9

@Annapet what have you been eating during your 2 hours? I’m curious since it seems like you and I are at the same place in this journey.

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #10

Don’t laugh, but I try to cram my macros for the day during that grazing period. I am probably doing it wrong.

Last night was a 6oz salmon - about 33.8g protein and 18g fat. BUTTER GALORE, and I am not shy with my salt. Sautéed broccoli.

I intended to eat the snack pack Wholly Guacamole, but no way, bro. I was full to the gills.

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #11

Oh, I had intended to eat cauli rice as well, but didn’t get to that. Had 100g of raspberries.

21 days in ketosis, 25 days ketogenic WOE.

I found myself capable of extended fasts the same way. After over 10 years of the “dieting” and “calories” mindset, I’d completely fallen away from listening to my body. I would NEVER have guessed that fasting would actually make me more in tune with my body and hunger signals. What a wonderful way of life we stumbled upon :slight_smile:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #13

OUTSTANDING

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #14

Well, I made it 48 hours then this happened. 3 eggs and 3 pcs of sausage. All cooked in Bacon juice so the fat is probably higher.

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #15

Thank you, @rustyk61! I walked up a hill (San Francisco) and thought about breaking my fast, LOL. But after the climb was over, I felt fine.

Looks like I’ll finish Day 4 on a strong note.

How long did your first IF last, if you don’t mind me asking?

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #16

@KetoKailey My second week of eating KETO I started eating only one meal a day which was usually evening time. And I have never had a problem doing that. So to answer your question…Since September 17 till now I’ve been doing IF everyday.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #17

That is awesome…Your rewards will match your efforts.

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #18

Thank you so much! Wish I had known. I remember my second week with no appetite :laughing:, and kept eating regular keto meals. Now I know.

(Dale s nomura) #19

I’ve been doing 42 hour fasts three times a week without any problems and a lot of good results. I’m working with a dietician from Dr. Fungs IDM program. Yesterday I just ended a 6day fast. It was very easy now that I’m fat adapted. Keep up the fasting. You won’t regret it and you can always stop whenever you want to. I’ve lost 30 pounds since August 25 and reversed diabetes 2.

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #20

Congratulations on reversing T2D! That is fabulous!