IF - Results?

For you guys that do/have done IF, how long before you saw results? I’ve been doing 16:8 for the past week (I know… not long at all) and not experiencing any of the earth shattering results I’ve seen others report. I actually look and feel MORE bloated than before I began IF and may have even picked up a pound or three.

(Scott H.) #2

Five days a week, on workdays, I only eat one meal a day. I don’t do the bulletproof coffee or any other caloric intake during the day. (I’m a practicing Catholic, though, so I do receive the host if I am at the morning mass. That’s pretty negligent, though, for caloric purposes.) I run three days a week, and at least one of those days is fasted. Otherwise, I run on my days away from the office. I just run for about 30 minutes. I have been doing this since last April. I only started the running about two months ago. I have probably only three days in the last nine months of cheating on keto.

Also, I don’t drink alcohol or use artificial sweetener. I just find that they both do not agree with me and they both stall weight loss for me.

The biggest change for me is that I have lost about 70 pounds. (I started at 311, and I hit 239 today.) Not talking about the scale though, I find that my mental acuity really is good. I eat dinner at 8 o’clock or so in the evening and my mind is sharp until then. I also find a sleep super well.

The short version of this is that my quality-of-life is simply night and day different from a year ago.