IF eating window

(Vladaar Malane) #1

Hello,

So I have been Intermittent fasting for 6 months now, and occasionally I’ll do a straight water fast for a few days. My eating window Monday - Friday is 12pm - 7pm. Saturday and Sunday I usually eat breakfast as my kids clamor for me to make them eggs and bacon.

Anyway, my question is does anyone else struggle in their eating window not to snack? Sometimes I feel craving to grab a handful of almonds or eat some cut up cheese and pepperoni. I’m trying to avoid this and only eat lunch and dinner. What I doing now and I can’t tell if this is going to be a total solution for me or not is I try to have a cup of diluted Apple Cider Vinegar as soon as I get home from work to take my mind off snacking until it’s time for dinner. Anyone have this issue or solution that I don’t know?

I got a case of the just because I’m in my eating window I get urges to eat, like my mind tries to rationalize it’s okay.

(Vincent Hall) #2

Totally agree. I eat OMAd.
However, occasionally I’ll have a cheese on my flax/hemp bread if Im feeling hungry or trying to mix up the intake a little to keep my body guessing. But I think your right, usually I can stick to 22/23hours before starting the meal, but I know within an hour Im done and happy.
If I “snack” that serms to mentally open the window untill my usual 5-7pm meal window. However, this “mental weakness” I have only applies when Im at home and my food is available, if I’m working or out on the road with no chance of eating anything till Im home, then a midday snack doesn’t seem to trigger the mindset to want to continue eating.
\v/

(Liz ) #3

So if it’s real hunger, like, “I could murder a hard boiled egg right now!”, then you need to eat more at your regular meals, probably more fat.

But if it’s head hunger, like “Ooh there’s bacon in the fridge and I’m bored (or in a transition moment, or tired, etc) and that would be entertaining to eat” then do the ACV thing, also try salt, until it passes. The fewer times you indulge in head hunger, it becomes less of a habit.

(CharleyD) #4

ACV is awesome. Do that more.

I’m a newbie to IF compared to your one year! I went from 16:8 mid-late last year to OMAD M-F and 12:12 Sat & Sun in 2018. I find OMAD actually easier since I know my eating window starts at 4 (snack at end of work day) and ends at 8 and I can eat to full satiety with no guilt so I know once a day I’ll be fully satisfied. There are of course times during the day that I get hunger pangs but they are few and usually subside. I keep an assortment of flavored teas avial as well as the obligatory office coffee but am trying to drink more water. I also keep a package of celery and Himalayan salt at work as a backup. How I feel and look as compared to by +75 pound self this time last year is a huge motivator for me.

Honestly though don’t know how well I’d do with this plan if I wasn’t at work M-F. My sympathies for folks like my daughter who are home raising kids!!!