IF and eating frustration

Eating on an 18-6 schedule, and it puts me at about 3:30-4:00p.m. when I can have my first meal. The frustration is, although I’m really hungry when it’s time to eat, I’m completely full the rest of the night and my 18-6 window turns into 23-1. I feel cheated. It happens even if I have a light snack, so I go ahead and make it a full meal to make it count. Slightly tongue in cheek, since the weight is coming off, but dang it, I like to eat.

(Guardian of the bacon) #2

Then make that 1 meal worth while. Make it the tastiest, most nutrient dense possible.

(Scott Shillady) #3

Sounds like your body is telling you it’s wants to go OMAD, that’s what mine did my taste buds tell me i want :bacon: 24 hours a day, but my body usually wins out and I Usually only eat once a day.

(Cheryl Meyers) #4

I am trying a 22-2 OMAD today – usually I just skip breakfast (but have coconut oil in my coffee) and eat lunch at 2:30-3pm. Today I skipped lunch too and got by pickle brine and later, tea and heavy cream. I am feeling kinda peckish now at 6:30pm, but will stick it out till I get home at 9. Can I make it? :grimacing:

(Cheryl Meyers) #5

Made it! I hope I can do this on alternate days.

(Larry Lustig) #6

At last a kind of Keto-cheating I can get behind!

(Julio Araujo) #7

I have been doing a 18-6 intermittent fast for about a month now and I go through the same. I’m usually full after my first meal and I don’t really want to eat my second meal. It is hard for me to eat more than once during such a short time. I normally force myself to eat the second time because I want to make sure that I have enough calories for the day.

(Scott Shillady) #8

No need to force yourself to eat. If u are full, stop. Sounds like your body is trying to tell you it only wants one meal a day

(Mark Bousquet) #9

I’m so jealous. :slight_smile:

(HIDAYAH KENDALL) #10

What is OMAD?

(Jason Webb) #11

One meal a day.

(Guardian of the bacon) #12

Ornery Mother Against Dieting?

J/K it’s what @Jwebbtrumpet said.

(Mark Bousquet) #13

Beware the OMADs! They are coming to get you!!!

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Keep an eye on your weekly rate of weight loss — if it’s dropping too fast, you may need to extend your window to get more calories in. Or like @jfricke mentions, make the food in the smaller window more calorically dense.

(HIDAYAH KENDALL) #15

Thank you.

(Kathy L) #16

LOL! Yea, me too!

(Mike W.) #17

The past 2 weeks I’ve fallen into a 20/4. I eat when I get home from work around 4:30 but then dinner time I’m not hungry. If I do decide to just go OMAD do I still need to worry about getting enough protein? According to the Keto calculator, that’s 130g. Something just isn’t adding up here…

Unless his schedule has changed, @jfricke mixes it up quite a bit between full fasting, some IF and some OMAD days, so there’s plenty of room in a schedule like that to get more protein on the non-OMAD days.

I tried OMAD and couldn’t do it for the same reason and end up usually doing variations of 16:8, 20:4, OMAD with some 36 hour fasts over the course of 2 week intervals.

(Kathy L) #19

Sorry guys -but what is OMAD?

One
Meal
A
Day