I was eating too much fat

(Ken diment) #1

I have reversed diabetes and lost 20 kgs…then it started to come back 1 kg every 3 days…so back to the Internet. …jimmy moore put me right…I was eating too much fat…and too much protein.
Everything back to normal now…before I would eat 8ozs or 250 grams of soft cheese for lunch and 500 gram pork belly for dinner. …it was fun but way to much fat and protein. …so happy to be bavk on track.

What triggered you to eat more than you needed?

(Ken diment) #3

It tasted great…but I heard I could eat as much fat as I like …but not true…it was too much…one litre of full cream …gone in 3 days…oh my I was a real little piggy…I think I have an eating disorder.

You are mixing two things up there and blaming one of them ore than the other it sounds like. A lot of people - me included - find it pretty easy to overeat protein. It is super tasty right? especially the fat-rich kind. If you switch that ratio in favour if the fat, it becomes harder to consume as much. You try overeating neat fat - not easy at all and not delicious.

Plus there is a fair bit of lactose in cream. So that litre of cream was 30-50g of sugar! Add in the cream cheese (6-10 for your 250g). Were you eating anything else? because that carb count is creeping up already!

I do have trouble limiting protein. Love fat, but also love fatty meat. Perhaps not fatty enough…

(Ken diment) #6

I never thought about the carbs in the cream…thats why…insulin release…stop fat burning…start fat storing…well well …I need to pay more attention. .thanks.
I don’t seem to have enough will power…I see things and want to eat …and I think I’ll start proper tomorrow…I know from before just 3 days and the cravings are gone and good things happen…but the carbs in the cream and way to much fat and protein did me in…on on.

(AnnaLeeThal) #7

I agree that it was likely carb creep and too much protein, but I doubt the fat that came along with the carbs and protein is the culprit here! Don’t let this make you afraid of adding fat as you need it for satiety.

This. I really struggle to keep my protein under control, @Debby.

I’m glad you found your answer, @Kenny1. It’s so easy to forget about the carbs in dairy.

If you are eating carbs without realising it then you will still get cravings. Not greedy, just carbs being sneaky bastards!

(Beth) #10

Yes, I wanted to mention, as @Daisy did, that perhaps the reason you were wanting to (over) eat more was the sneaky carbs you were getting. It’s great that you posted your experience because maybe others are doing the same without realizing it. Good luck!

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #11

Hang on…you said cream cheese, not cream.

Don’t know what your cream cheese is like, but in the stuff I buy (in the UK) it’s only 2.8g/100g carbs which I make 7g carbs for your 250g of cream cheese.

What percentage protein and fat are you rating your pork belly at?

I’m finding it hard to get consistent figures on the web, but maybe what you buy has a label with it on.

But using one figure I found: 14.2% protein and 34% fat, I worked out your 500g of pork belly to be
170g fat which is 1530 Kcal
71g protein

The cream cheese is 62g fat = 562 Kcal
and 12.5 g protein

So about 2100 Kcal and about 83 g protein.

That doesn’t sound excessive for a man, especially if active and a reasonable amount of LBM.

However, the products you are using may have totally different carb, protein and fat percentages to the numbers I’m using.

Edit: apologies: You said soft cheese, not cream cheese, which is not (necessarily) the same thing. By “soft cheese”, I would mean things like Brie. By cream cheese I mean things like Philadelphia (though I use an own-brand which has better macro values).
Obviously you need to go by whatever macro values are on your own labels.

Edit2: OK, I now see the reference to the cream in your 2nd post. If that’s in addition to the cheese etc, then perhaps I see your problem.

(Vivian) #12

I think I have the same issues. Maybe if I just take unflavored coconut oil instead of the HWC, butter and flavored coconut oil fats in my coffee I can keep my fat intake more under control. I love the fatty meats too. Gotta cut that down and start measuring. This must be my issue.

(Ken diment) #13

I live in thailand so labels are in thai so hard to work out sometimes…I’m from australia.
I have bacon eggs for break fast with coffee …but I have been gulping down the cream same time…salad for lunch with 250 grams of that philiadelphia cheese …then I cook pork belly and lots of cauliflower for dinner it’s enough for 3 days but I eat it all at one go…so I will have to try doing it bit at a time stop myself from gouging …lol

You are in Thailand and not eating Thai food - shame on you! So yummy

I suspect it’s pretty hard to find compliant Thai food.

Depends I guess. Certainly not if you make it yourself. The produce there is wonderful.

(Daniel C.) #17

Cutting fat?

I believe in eating a pure protein diet (3days+ fish oils, multivitamin)or counting calories when eating just the fat, like a a fat fast (1-3days) , yes i know that may sound crazy, other than that steak and eggs diet will do the job. Please talk to your doc before doing anything by yourself

Health: (longer to see results , at least after 3weeks,but the safest) KETOGENIC DIET

(Ken diment) #18

Thai food is full of sugar and MSG…the quality of food here is very very low…DDT sprayed…animals eat shit…not a nice place for food.

(Peter Barney) #19

First word i learnt to read in Thai was Sugar haha, my daily battle to avoid it in Thailand its everywhere!!!

Let’s keep civility and respect for our brothers and sisters all over this world in this forum.

All languages are beautiful in their own way.

Let’s have respect for how all people on this planet eat.

Let’s not denigrate others for where they live, how they eat or language they speak.

There’s plenty of room in this world for all to live peacefully and respect one another, and not impugn for self profit or cause unwarranted harm.