I think extended fasting is bad

(Brian) #116

I’m not sure how much more simply it can be put. And I agree! It seems that Dr. Fung is not someone the OP wants to deal with. And that’s a shame, since Dr. Fung is one of the most knowledgeable doctors in the area of fasting with tons of experience seeing real life patients that he’s worked with on both short and long term fasts.

(matt ) #117

I was out of pocket this weekend and am just catching up.

This entire post is a mess and is gonna end up locked or closed. Good thing we have tolerant admins.

@BaconIsLifBaconIsLov you are one mistake from being gone. Cut the crap.

It’s also the unpleasantness at the start of the thread in response to Shayne’s post (“if you don’t have the willpower… but for those with enough self control…”). Yuck.

(linda) #119

Why is this thread being tolerated??

It’s a fine line. Provocative posts can end up being fabulous info shares if you can look past the dickish behaviour often displayed by one or two people. I think that is what makes me value this post overall - the input from everyone else. It might end up being best to go through and clean up the crap though and just leave the good stuff.

Actually, I AM a cat. I find that if I get into some really good catnip, I can type in English on the keyboard for a good 30 to 45 secon … meow meow meow (purr)

(Doug) #122

There it is. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry about that, ran short on catnip. So anyway, maybe an admin could go through and do a Search & Replace on all the OP’s posts and replace with “I’m a knucklehead. I AM a knucklehead. I am a KNUCKLEHEAD”.

(purr) (cough cough cough HACK!) (hairball)

(Empress of the Unexpected) #124

But, so curious - where is Dave?

@Regina - Dave’s not here, man!

Actually, I was going use Daves_Not_Here_Man for my name, but it was already taken!

(Justin Traer) #126

Don’t worry pal, I’m sure others don’t have a great opinion of you based on how your acting out in this thread.

You’ll find that the members of this forum and admins don’t care for your type of antics. (Scrolling down I see they are putting you on notice :+1: )

If you want to remain anonymous and act like a shithead, go elsewhere.

Otherwise, play nice and you’ll find this is an amazing community.

(Justin Traer) #127

Daisy/Matt,

Thanks for being admin’s. It’s a difficult task.

While I don’t think that future posts like this should be tolerated, leaving BaconisLifBaconisLov’s statements as is preserve why action was taken and provides a great example of how this community functions. Just my 2cents.

(James H Shaffer) #128

do fasting for 48 and 72 hours regularly, seems to work for me, 160 down in 8 months

(Gary Reneau) #129

Dr. Fung lays out a good series of points in his books and interviews. If you eat a decreased amount of calories, your body will adjust to the lower calorie intake and reduce your metabolism. This will affect your ability to lose weight. Fasting has the opposite effect. Resting energy expenditure (REE) goes UP, not down during fasting. Metabolism revs up; it does not shut down.

(Denise G) #130

It’s actually Godwin’s Law. :sunglasses:

(icky) #131

Noooooo, don’t start up the nutty thread again :joy:

(TJ Borden) #132

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

We need an admin to close the thread.

@matt, @Ernest, @Daisy?

(Robert C) #133

Yes! Stop me before I reply again! :grinning:

(matt ) #134

Ok. Done.