I only needed to do this for a week?

(Marianne) #11

Funny - but true!

:blush:

(Karen) #12

Mice ≠ people

(Bunny) #13

We share more genomes with a mouse than any other creature on earth but it can give us a clue as to what may be going on in humans?

Haven’t you ever watched Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy?

The Mice Own the Earth! …lol

I will just be glad when one of these “long term” studies can be done. It was 1825 when Jean Brillat-Savarin suggested that the solution to obesity was restricting all things containing starch or flour. Are they still waiting on someone that has tried to do that to come in for some blood work? You would think that we could get some of this “long term” outlook posted somewhere . Unless, those long term results don’t match what they hope they would. Lol

(Bob M) #15

If this is the study, it appears to be behind a paywall:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s42255-019-0160-6

With these mouse studies, you have to see what they are feeding them. Often, it’s complete garbage, like soybean oil.

(Bunny) #16

I think this article/research gives an astounding, re-sounding and reverberating message:

“Don’t eat too much fat on a ketogenic diet unless you need it to maintain your weight?”

When you look at all the research papers on the ketogenic diet and put them all together in a comprehensive order?

References:

[1] 70% calories of dietary fat does not equal 70% volume

(Karen) #17

:rofl::joy::rofl:

(Bunny) #18

I’m going to buy the paper and see?

When mice continue to eat the high-fat, low-carb diet beyond one week, Dixit said, they consume more fat than they can burn, and develop diabetes and obesity.

In other words, overeating causes diabetes and obesity?

Not sure about diabetes, but overeating sure could result in obesity. Regardless of the type of diet one is on.

(Bunny) #20

You were right?

”…10% protein and consists mostly of Primex (hydrogenated soybean oil). …”

What the heck is wrong with these scientist? How Stupid is that? (…a lot of note slipping and money changing hands?)

What a waste of time and money?

Thank gawd I didn’t buy it…lol

Way too many humans reversing T-2 diabetes long term for this type of study to even be relevant. I hope that none of my tax dollars went to help fund this study , but I’m sure it did.

(Bunny) #22

Soy is really easy to overeat because of its flavor to mice.

Would like to see the study repeated with what humans eat with a stove and real groceries and kitchen?

I’m really angry!

(Bob M) #23

There are places where you get a login and can basically log in without an account. I’ve never used them, but they exist.

Sometimes, I’ve seen Peter from Hyperlipid have to ask the authors of the study what they fed the mice/rats/whatever, then find that via a company website.

(Vic) #24

Except Mice cannot not breakdown fat the same way as humans

and for this reason Fat and carbs do not work the same in mice as Humans

(Bunny) #25

I’m aware that mice get fat because they like to eat fat.

But you can still get some clues.

(Jack Bennett) #26

We can’t rule out the possibility that it’s fine for 2, 5, 10 years and then kills you with CANCER!

(Bunny) #27

The cancer thing is why I include the resistant starch and eat an unripe banana occasionally. They are not sweet at all and tastes awful, like I don’t want to eat this substance because it is absolutely tasteless and bland, but what is interesting is I notice that I genuinely don’t feel hungry at all after eating one for a very long time and my whole gastrointestinal tract has no issues at all when I do eat resistant starches and later food, no gas, acid reflux or bloating, excellent stool etc. It is just little tiny nuances like that you really don’t express to people or wright about, it is not the same as just eating veggies, meat, fat or keto friendly foods.

My question is why not? People have been on low carbohydrate diets for a century or more. I’ve personally been reading the same line about “not knowing long term” for over 25 years now. I would think that more than a few people have been followed by now. Funny that the current SAD diet, that basically came about during the Eisenhower time frame never gets that disclaimer.

(Jack Bennett) #29

Just to be clear, my comment was meant to be ironic. We never know “perfectly” but at some point, when biomarkers are improved for N years and no adverse effects are seen, it’s probably reasonable to regard it as safe.

Gotcha. If they had any clear cut evidence it would be out. I hate cancer, had too many family and friends get it, but the number one factor I’ve seen with it is genetics. Some people are just predispositioned to get cancer and that is the biggest culprit. A friend of mine just diagnosed in the last two weeks. Eats just like is “recommended”, exercises, doesn’t drink, less than 40, but has cancer and it doesn’t look good. His dad died young and of the same disease, just a different kind. It’s not fair sometimes.