I month lost 12oz

(Gary hoover) #1

Today I weighed in looking for a good result after 28 days and almost couldn’t believe the scale 12 oz loss. I have not been over 20 carbs at all. I was shocked to see such a small loss. I hardly eat as I do not ever have an appetite.

(Becky) #3

First off…breath, its ok, it is still a LOSS! You should be very proud of yourself.
Second…maybe you could share some more info such as what you eat daily, how much do you need to lose etc.
I have found that the more you have to lose the quicker you will see results. Are you drinking plenty of water…do you use any artificial sweeteners…are you making your brain/body feel as though it is starving. But try thinking of it this way…we beat ourselves up over a 12oz gain so why not praise ourselves just as much for a 12oz loss!
You are doing great, kcko!
Also keep in mind we all lose differently, some lose pounds some lose inches, some lose fast and some lose at a slower steady pace…remember who won the race…:turtle: not the :rabbit2:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

How are your clothes fitting? Has that changed? How are you feeling? Has that improved? Do you have more energy, mental focus, or a more stable even temperament? These were all things I started feeling and experiencing at your point. I had dropped a few pounds but nothing super impressive for the first couple of months. Now at 8 months I have gone from 205# to 169# and kicked pre diabetes’ ass! I am feeling better than I have in years so even if I had only dropped 10-15# by now I would still be with it from all the benefits that revealed themselves over time.

Are you using a tracking app? I like Cronometer.

Try this recommendation if you’re no already on it.

Give us some information so we can suggest solutions. Height, weight, goals, health issues, what your daily food looks like. I have a suspicion from what you’re saying that you might be undereating and pushing your body towards famine mode and slowing down your metabolism. It’s trying to hide away energy for later like a squirrel if I am right. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Carl Keller) #5

Hi Gary.

Consider reducing dairy, nuts and artificial sweeteners if you are into those. Dropping the first two cut around 300 calories per day from what I was eating without affecting my hunger at all. AFs can cause spikes in insulin and this is counterproductive to weight loss.

Also, try not to snack. Eat larger meals, twice per day if you can.

(Gary hoover) #6

I have been on keto four about four months. Mct oil 3 times a day. Eat cheese as snack,some nuts. Eggs with bacon 1/2 times wk,bacon 2 maybe 4 times. 16to18 hrs fast everyday. Chicken with veggies 1/2 times,burger no bun 2/3 times fish rest of week I am passed being hungry, I am never hungry. Bone broth every day. Never bread,potatoes,no pasta. All veggies above ground,all food is organic even went to 100% grass feed beef. I am in ketosis always. Can’t think of anything else but try sticking to the book except eating. I lost appetite totally. I could easily lose 30 lbs but would be happy 15 more.

(Gary hoover) #7

Thanks. I eat no sweets,no fruit,nothing starch. In fact I have cut down so much I have 0 appetite I have to force myself to eat. I have bone broth every day, avocado 1/2 daily,I do 16to18 fast every day. I eat chicken beef pork or fish around 4to6 with above ground veggies. Sometimes I don’t eat if not I have cheese or few nuts,no more than 20 or a keto bar has very low carbs made by dr ? He’s all over the keto internet at this time don’t remember his name. I am the strictest person ever. I never ever cheat. I even won’t chew gun. I’m 72 and easy could stand losing 30 lbs. it has helped with diabetes

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8

I’d say you’re doing your best and it’s awesome that your diabetic condition has improved. Most people who stick with it get off insulin and your body may start changing fixing your diabetes and weight loss as well. But primarily fixing health issues like diabetes is a BIG WIN! And I think weight loss will follow in time. It’s harder when you’re diabetic, elderly and overweight you’ve got more working against you for quick results but it will happen in time if you persevere. My best wishes to you Gary. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Gary hoover) #9

Thanks I appreciate the support,I must say I have been on prednisone for bad lungs (VN War AOrange) 20mg now down to 5mg,no more heart burn pills,no more blood pressure pills and no more diabetes pill so I see keto is working but was wanting more weigh loss. Need to be happy where I am.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #10

Aha! Prednisone is a problem, I am on 5mg for the rest of my life because I had a kidney transplant. It turned me pre diabetic in 6 months on the same diet I ate for most of my life without BG issues. Keep on with low carb if you have to stay on it for sure, definitely a diabetic risk factor in addition to the SAD. It also has kept my weight loss slow I believe. Sorry to hear about the agent orange, nasty stuff. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Charlotte) #11

When I started keto I was using mct and i found that once I quit using it, I started losing weight quicker. Instead of mct oil I just use 1 tbsp of coconut oil a day in my BPC. Just a thought.

(mole person) #12

You might try dropping the MCT oil. It holds back loads of people. Having it three times a day is just giving you extra calories and extra insulin three time a day. Both of those will inhibit your fat losses.

(Robert C) #13

You should ignore the weight difference as it is simply too small.

What to focus on is your potential body composition change.

Here is what I mean - it is perfectly possible that you lost 4 pounds of fat over the last month if you were careful and moderate on your Keto.

At the same time, depending on the diet you came from, stress levels (either due to a new WOE or regular life stresses), eating too little (a perceived survival stress - and is not Keto during the first month), poor sleep and / or starting an exercise program - your body might feel like holding on to a higher level of water (hiding your potential fat loss).

I assume (I do not know for sure) that water is distributed much more evenly around the body than fat.

I think that is why people suggest measuring tape or ask how your clothes fit differently.

Fixing these kinds of stressors might give you a nice scale drop - but, I would still depend on tape measure (or commercial body fat testing - dunk tank, DEXA) to measure what you likely care about - body composition change.

(Gary hoover) #14

Thanks much appreciated

(Gary hoover) #15

Thanks to all. I will be cutting back mct

(Gary hoover) #16

Thanks I’m cutting mct oil out.

(Becky) #18

@Luciee65

This is completely off topic so my apologies for that. I personally just wanted to take a moment to say THANK YOU for your service and sacrifice. I recently lost my daddy to AO complications and i commend you sir for taking control of your health! You are a true hero, many blessings to you! :us:

(Gary hoover) #19

Becky,

Thank you sooo much. I do get a lot of thank yous and it really means a lot to us vets. AO was some nasty chemical but as young soldiers we welcomed AO. I was on river patrol boats and we would get ambushed most of the times at start of going into river or exit. Of course it happened thru out but for some reason it seemed in entrance and exit. So not knowing how bad AO was we sprayed the rivers foliage,so 50 years later we pay the health was and you know it better loseing your wonderful father and sure sorry to hear that. Didn’t mean to get long but again thanks for sending the email.

Gary Hoover