I made home made pizza last night

(Stephen Price (Lythix)) #1

I made home made pizza last night. This morning my blood ketones were 1.0 mM (first time i’ve measured and known I was in ketosis!)

I made my own crust. I have tried making cauliflower crust in the past from recipes online but I failed, as I used a food processor. Last night I used a grater and had a lot more success. With too much processing it becomes too wet (the water content comes out. Grating it keeps the water it but allows it to become like dough.
I took Carl’s sharing of Oopsie bread (Cream cheese and Egg) and combined it with my previous cauliflower recipe.

Ingredients for crust:
1 Whole head of Cauliflower, grated by hand
2 Raw eggs
1 block of Cream Cheese (250g)
Grated cheese (as much as you want).

Combine in bowl until its like sticky dough.
I tried baking in glass pie dishes as it is always challenging to get them to not stick. Grease proof paper always seems to stick. After baking in oven for a while I flipped them on to greased pizza trays. Not entirely successful as they were still a bit thick and hadn’t cooked through, but managed to keep them in a pizza shape. Pressed it out on the pizza tray and baked some more.
Then I added all the good toppings. Tomato paste then various sliced meats like fried bacon, chopped onions and peppers, and pepperoni. Added some mozzarella cheese and baked like a normal pizza.
Was delicious! Still have the second pizza in the fridge as I could only eat two slices.
Calling this one a success!

If you could buy keto pizza (or just the crust) in the supermarket

Internet ass in me wants to say omgerd wrong forum or something about punctuation, but that really does sound good!

Moved to Food. Maybe Recipes??

(Stephen Price (Lythix)) #4

Which bit has bad grammar, I’ll fix it. :wink: