I’m FURIOUS! Class Action Lawsuit? Attorneys, please weigh in

(Mark Rhodes) #41

The model is wrong because it starts with the premise that we are primarily glucose fueled. Remove that premise and you will interpret the data differently as almost every study until recently used that particular filter to understand the results. Throw away the abstracts and look at the data with a binary system and the results really do make good sense. Which means the data wasn’t wrong just the interpretation. When you use a binary fuel system as a model the older studies come right into line with our way of thinking.

@OldDoug This is a case where the overall philosophical idea of the time infiltrates how we perceive an issue and in this case start with “we are all created equal” i.e. the same. Fundamentally we know this to be false and yet it serves as the yard stick guiding food guidelines. If we are indeed the same whatever guidelines are proposed should prevent harm. They have not, they have inflicted it. As you pointed out about hierarchies we have trusted the experts because we have been too busy or too lazy to do it ourselves until we were motivated to do so. The biggest change then is that we failed to initially perceive we are minimally binary fueled creatures.

When I am explaining our WOE and I mention the science I am inevitably hit with “well I read about a study-that is science too”. No, not really. Rather, it was statistics. As an engineer I say if I ran our company with a quality PPM that the healthcare system does not only would I be bankrupt but I would be in court. I also say I refuse to believe that millions of Americans are lying about their calories in and thus failing. In this the bravery of Tim Noakes cannot be understated.

(Jimmy Washington) #42

I’m furious too! The lesson that I have learned and hope to pass on is that we all need to think as good scientists do. We need to evaluate a process from both sides. The one we believe in and the opposing.We have all been brainwashed into believing something that we now see as 100% wrong. As an high school athlete in the 80’s everyone drank gatorade. Did any one ever do the math to see how many “packets” of sugar we were consuming? Think about this 30 grams of sugar equals 6 packets of sugar from your favorite coffee shop. If your child sat at the kitchen table to consume 6 packets of sugar you would lose your mind as a parent. Its ok thought if some pro athlete endorses it. Have you noticed that Tom "G.O.A,T Brady does not endorse any of these KILLER FOOD like products to children!!! This guy could get paid whatever he wanted and he does not!! Every time we as consumers purchase Junk products we are telling these companies to continue killing us slowly and painfully!!!

(A ham loving ham! - VA6KD) #43

Yep. I like this picture as a reference:

Would you put down a bowl of sugar cubes in front of your child and let them chew away at them?

(Jimmy Washington) #44

Nice info!!!

(Adam Kirby) #45

How does this manifest? Just curious.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #46

Apolipoprotein E is responsible for lipid metabolism, making cholesterol and all that. If you have the APOE4, you make an altered version of ApoE that doesn’t respond well to sat fat and dramatically increases your lifetime risk of developing Alzheimers.

Doesn’t mean you can’t low carb. Just you have to work on keeping it monounsaturated, rather than full on sat fat all the time. More nuts, fewer coconut oil BP coffees.

I’m absolutely furious too as we all should be. Unfortunately there is far too much money to be made by big food, big pharma and big medical that the status quo will be with us for the foreseeable future. Hopefully my grandkids will see the dam break but it’s going to be a slow process.

In the meantime we all need to educate those few around us who are willing to listen and thank god for the few dozen beacons of light in the LCHF movement (we all know who they are) who have given so unselfishly of their time and passion that got us here.

On that note… I was in the military 20 years ago and I started gaining weight despite the exercise. They put me in the weight management program because I went above my max weight limit and sent me to their nutritionist and had me exercise more. Of course the nutritionist gave me the calories in and out dogma. It didn’t work. I ended up getting kicked out of the military for failing to maintain my weight. I’ve spent the past 20 years being ashamed of this… Until I found keto and now realize that everything I’ve ever been told about diet and exercise is wrong. I also realize that I was wrongfully kicked out of the military. I doubt it will ever be able to happen but I know there are many like me out there so class action suit if the government ever acknowledges their advice isn’t worth the paper is written on.

I totally AGREE. Thank you @akirby for putting it so well.

(Valerie) #50

Your is not the first story I have heard like this. :disappointed_relieved:

(Valerie) #51

It gets me every single time one of my kids’ coaches comments about water and Gatorade being okay to bring to practice but not soda. :woman_facepalming::rage:

(Pete) #52

The AHA and ADA are private, aren’t they? How would the taxpayer be involved? Am I missing something?

(Jeanne Wagner) #53

@collaroygal I would agree with you now with the available studies and the amazing books that have come out in that last 10 years, but in yesterday’s world (30+ yrs ago), the studies all pointed to those survey results. Only those who knew to look for the damning or ommitted evidence knew they were bunk. Those were the few that held out in their fat is good beliefs. However, their voices were silenced to the general public. The Atkins Diet was never an option for me, because the outcry was so fierce against it, they had all kinds of doctors and nutritionists saying you would destroy your kidnesy if you went on it. Call me stupid and ignorant, but I was terrified by that news (nevermind I never heard of any stories of people destroying thei kidneys through the diet), and never even considered it. In fact, back 12 yrs ago when I heard about Atkins, that is when I was trying the Halleluja Diet. :roll_eyes: I was pro-vegetarian/vegan at that time and very against Atkins. Now I know differently. I think we all come to this information in our own way and in our own time. But I have to say, I have a big bone to pick with Mr. Ancel Keys, may he rest in peace. Even he doesn’t deserve eternal hell, but I could go with Purgatory.

(Consensus is Politics) #54

So true. It’s human nature NOT to admit you were wrong, especially with overwhelming evidence calling you out. I.E. kid standing on the kitchen counter with hand in cookie jar, and face covered in crumbs, saying in a muffled voice, “No…phh, I’m not eating cookies mphhh…”

It takes character to break that. Something the seems be like a dirty word now since Bill Clinton was president. (His supporters during his campaigns, “character is meaningless and outdated”

(Consensus is Politics) #55

Indeed. Unfortunately that is something the rest of the world followed us in. Believe it or not, there was a time when the USA had the ear of the world listening. I was stationed in Korea in the late 1990’s. Every Korean I met without fail loved everything American. I had a girlfriend who would always ask to go on base to buy things. Not because they were cheaper, mostly it cost almost twice as much, but because she could “choose” the items that were made in America :cowboy_hat_face:.

Now we hear constant bickering about how things are done here. In my opinion, it’s all brought on by politics, and fake news. By fake news I include things such as omission of news parallel to a story because it doesn’t fit with the current agenda, such as gun violence in schools. But only when it’s white kids getting shot. Leaving out the schools were more kids are killed in the inner city schools, where mostly black kids get killed. Not to mention school standings that go on in a near hourly basis.

/sigh
/ -off soapbox

(Consensus is Politics) #56

I suppose I should link to my own rant. It was quite extensive. Same milieux as yours. Brb… looking for it…

But wait, there’s more…

(Consensus is Politics) #57

So, if the government promoted smoking as being more healthy that not smoking, they would have no liability’s? Either way, smoking or high carb, they are out right lying.

There are mechanisms that allow for the suing of government even though they have an immunity clause. Malicious intent needs to be proved. Or ignoring the general populations health in order to line ones pockets. But those are gonna be tough to prove being so long ago now.

In my opinion, the very act of making it a big display would be of great value. Expose the lie. People will get it. The HFLC side will bring undeniable evidence, ACTUAL EVIDENCE, while the LF side will bring platitudes, bumper stickers, and name calling. With no evidence that shows what they have been saying is true. They willl bring tons of evidence, it just won’t be relavent. It would be brought in simply to overburden the system and make it impossible to actually go anywhere. But in the end, the truth will be exposed. The light will make the cock roaches scurry away in fear.

Actually, if you were in school after McGovern mandated these guidelines, your school fed you based on it and you didn’t have a choice.

Not saying suing is a good idea, I think immunity a better idea so these horrible guidelines can get changed ASAP!

I totally agree!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #60

Let’s crush the bstrds.
Expose them.
@TomSeest
Class action lawsuit against the ADA.
What say you?
Strictly for exposure.