I love keto, but I turn into a raging carb monster when I cheat just a little bit

(Dave Smith) #21

Not sure how long you’ve been on the low carb horse but I find the longer I have been doing it, the easier it is to avoid that Gizmo moment (great analogy btw). I myself fell off the wagon a bit last night. It started with the best bread pudding I’ve ever tasted at Park Ave in Stanton CA. I got home and said, screw it, I want more sugar. So I picked up some Ben and Jerry’s end scarfed it all down. I did it guilt free (but not pain free, my body is still a little angry this morning) but I am right back on the low carb horse and I’ll be back where I was in a couple days and will simply Keto On. It’s VERY important to not let that “slide” go for more than one cheat meal. If you have a “cheat DAY” this has a better chance of having you slide WAY back and maybe lose all of your gains. I’ve lost 50 pounds. I do cheat on occasion but I find if you keep it to a cheat MEAL once every other weekend or so, you can still see results and can get back on the horse much easier if you fall off. Just never do a cheat DAY. Even on Xmas or Thanksgiving, make that day your cheat MEAL. Hope that helps!

For me too, for me the solution was oa.org, find your nearest meeting, and go clean. Im clean 60 days, and doing better than ever. I now actually believe in a lifetime without, and to be honest, before I used to «know» that would be impossible.