I just need encouragement:(

I know. I already know… patience. But It’s SO frustrating. I started Keto Jan 1- had a Mexico break Jan 12-19 but still ate pretty low carb. I’ve been strict Keto since Jan 20. I eat pretty much 18/6, close to carnivore, only really eat veggies at dinner. For weeks I’ve been super energetic, not hungry during the day. I’ve done one 24hr fast that just happened on its own. Feels like I’m fat adapted but who knows.
My weight dropped 5 pounds but I’ve since gained 3 back. I’ve lost maybe 1/2 inch off my hips… maybe I’m pulling the tape tighter? Haha
I prob only have 10-15 to lose so I know it takes longer. I also lift weights 3-4 days a week, but I’ve been doing that for years so I don’t imagine I’m gaining muscle atm.

Someone just tell me to be patient again please. It’s so discouraging :frowning: I love how I feel and probably won’t go back to eating carbs. BUT as much as I love the NSVs, I still want to change my body comp.
patience… I know. Scorpio= zero patience

(Charlotte) #2

Youre lifting weights so maybe you haven’t lost much weight because your simuleneously gaining muscle mass. I don’t know how accurate I am because I don’t lift weights, but I’m trying to come up with something other than BE PATIENT! lol Just tell yourself its muscle mass and keep plugging along.

(Windmill Tilter) #3

@Luckymisslucy might be right about the muscle gain. You may have been lifting for years, but your body might not have seen the massive protein bomb that is the carnivore diet. It might have taken the opportunity to build some nice lean muscle. :slightly_smiling_face:

The measuring tape around the waist is always a tricky one because whether or not you have air in your lungs, or are flexing your stomach muscles can change the reading. It used to drive me nuts. I started using the Navy method to calculate bodyfat %, and for women it has you measure your waist and your booty. I started measuring my booty as well (even though I’m a guy), and I’ve found that it drops in almost perfect 1:1 proportion to my waist. If I get a 1" drop in booty circumfrence, but a 1/2" drop in waist circumference, I figure there was a measurement error on my waist and feel much better. The booty is a much more reliable, less prone to error measurement for me. Everybody is different.

At any rate, hang in there. If the scale is annoying you, put it in a closet for a month or so until it learns to behave. :grinning:

Before this I ate a high protein macro diet, I’m actually eating less protein now. I’m eating less in general because I’m not hungry until 1-3pm.
Maybe I’m under eating… I average 1200-1600 a day probably. I eat more if I’m hungrier, less if I’m not…

(Cindy) #5

Can you just focus on this for a while? :slight_smile:

(Jill F.) #6

I agree, patience is a must. The non scale victories are so important! Let your body adapt to this new fuel you are giving it and dont look at it as a diet but a lifestyle change. This way you will still be eating this way in 6 months and by then the weight will probably be gone. KCKO

(Daisy) #7

I agree with this 100%! I am in a similar situation, I only have 10-20 lbs to lose and I’m NOT losing it. But I feel great and my clothes fit ok. I made the decision this morning that this is what I’m going to focus on. I’m going to stop meticulously logging every bite, stop getting on the scale every day and start enjoying my keto life. I am going to get a little stricter with my keto foods, focusing completely on natural foods that make me feel good. I am going to start working on my fasting muscle and avoiding dairy. But I’m going to stop obsessing about the weight. I have literally lost and gained the same 10 lbs over and over this year. And it’s February. Like for real, this obsession is not healthy. What is healthy is the way I feel when I forget about the scale for a while. Good luck!!

Hi, sorry to hear you’re feeling frustrated.

You said you’ve only got 10 or so pounds to lose, I’m sure a lot of people would gladly swap places with you :slight_smile:

As we approach those final pounds it definitely gets more tricky, I know I’m there as well but I don’t feel frustrated because I don’t really care.

There are way way many more benefits ahead of weight loss.

There is Plenty of research which says keto plus exercise means you lose more fat but I don’t know if it stays off? I wouldn’t know I haven’t tried. And it needs to be heavy training not repetitions.

I reckon you should post or write down somewhere all the non-scale victory is you have – “count your blessings” youd be surprised how Encouraging that is

And in addition to my previous post

Definitely make sure you have dotted every I and crossed every T. Check you don’t have any hidden carbs and then check again. Examine all medication or pills of any sort.

If there is any doubt if you’re in keto then perhaps consider a blood analysing device. Don’t chase any particular numbers just make sure you’re not at zero. That’s how I find hidden carbs.

(Frank) #10

The closer I got to goal weight the losses were measured in tenths of a pound per month. Enjoy the great feeling you have.

(*Tame Those Ghrelin Gremlins) #11

I think you need to put into perspective what you are trying to accomplish. You want to lose 10-15 pounds? Many people who lose a lot have a hundred, maybe 80, 50 pounds to lose. What you are trying to do is the hardest.

The last few pounds will be a challenge but if not doing anything wasn’t working then doing this is something right? It takes months even years to gain 10-15 pounds for some so it would make sense that losing takes long too. Stick with it if this is what you truly want. You CAN succeed. :grinning:

Right?! I bought a super fancy scale and now I just wanna throw it out lol. Not a healthy obsession at all!

(Ryan) #14

I have read that fasting increases your growth hormone. Maybe your body is now more efficient at building muscle

Haha yes, I just needed a boost. Im sooooo frustrated!

(George) #18

Maybe try a few days of feasting followed by a long fast, if you lose a good amount then go OMAD and stay in maintenance mode.

(Britt) #19

I haven’t been doing this much longer than you have (beginning of Feb.) and also only had about 15 lbs. to lose. I’m down to my last two lbs. and actually went below my goal weight but it keeps going back and forth so I don’t consider it to be “officially” lost😉. I went an entire month without losing a single oz. and I really mean not a SINGLE oz. I was full of angst just like you are. I adjusted a couple of things and started losing consistently in small increments. I feel like it really is a matter of patience and giving your body what it needs on its OWN timeline. If it takes me 3 months to lose that last little bit and keep it off, I won’t lie and say I won’t feel a little impatient but I know I have a LITTLE excess fat to lose in some places so I do believe my body will lose it eventually but it’s historically tough for me to lose fat in those places because I’m a woman! I know as long as I stick to this healthy way of eating it will happen and in the meantime my body is restoring and repairing from the inside.

Your body may be going slowly for different reasons than mine but it also has its own timeline. Enjoy the other positive changes that you’ve experienced- the weight loss will happen. Think of all the good things you’re doing for your body and stay strong😁

Forgot to add that IF ( nothing extensive just pushing dinner earlier and breakfast later) really helped.

I just saw how old this post was🤣. Well, I hope by now things are moving along and if not still hang in there!

Its now April 18. I switched over to following Ketogains macros. I feel way better, have more energy and am sleeping better. Have been gaining strength which is awesome. I did my first unassisted pull-up!! NSV… if only could stop weighing myself haha

(Jay Patten) #22

Were you eating a lot of fat when you were lifting before keto?

If not, I can almost guarantee that you are in fact gaining [more] muscle [than you were before.]

I never realized how important [healthy] fat is for gaining muscle until I did keto + strength training.

Strength training gains for me on LFHC were okay at best. Strength training gains for me on Keto have been phenomenal. I am 100% sure that it is because my body has an almost unlimited supply of amino acids and proteins to draw upon for building muscle. *Of course I’m not an expert.