I have made this one twice ;)

(Denise) #1

I have made this one twice :wink: and I love it because it’s using ground beef which is cheaper for me, but I hate just eating it on it’s own. I like to freeze the rest after making 2-3 meals out of it. I also changed it a bit by putting in chopped onions (no need for onion powder and who puts green beans on a burger :sweat_smile:) and no vegie, instead, I add bacon so @PaulL can try this one if he wants to :wink:

Made one mistake 2nd time I made it and left it in the oven too long. It makes the egg w/Heavy whipping cream much too “done” :grimacing: Plus be sure you don’t salt the burger :wink: the bacon makes it just right:

Keto Cheeseburger Casserole

Sounds nice… I wonder what a single tablespoonful of tomato paste can do… I imagine it gets hopelessly lost! :smiley: You are right, chopped onions sound better than onion powder… I would skip the garlic powder too, IDK why they are in nearly everything that contains onions (Hungarians do that too. not me) but I am not into them so much.
OR if I use garlic (preferably not in powder, it’s not the same), I use my own sausage spice mix… But that would be a waste of some nice cheese… Hmmm…

I may try it out one day. If I won’t be lazy but bored of my fried pork :upside_down_face:

(Robin) #3

Wow, that’s a good one! If you’re keto and do eat veggies, there are so many options!

(Denise) #4

I always figure I can adapt my own ideas to recipes (likes and dislikes). What I like most about this is it’s freezable and still tasty after being in the foodsaver wrap, and I also love not having to cook every single meal from scratch :wink: We can also know what all is in it when in buying pre-made dinners from markets?? etc. who knows right :wink:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

Now, that’s my kind of recipe! :bacon::bacon:

Oh that is a big positive! :smiley:
I had times when I had no proper sized fridge with a proper freezer. So I was used to not freezing food. Mom didn’t do that either.
But then I discovered how super convenient that can be and I enjoy it since.

You are lucky, a lot of dish allows some extra bacon :wink:
It’s true for eggs and even sour cream as well so I am lucky too :stuck_out_tongue:

(Denise) #7

It turned out super good today @PaulL :blush:

(Denise) #8

I absolutely love the taste of the egg and Heavy whipping cream together, I’d never heard of doing that to make your regular scrambled or omelettes a little special too :slight_smile:

(Allie) #9

I’ve made it a couple of times, many moons ago, and while it’s really good… I decided it’s way too much effort for me. I’m such a lazy cook, that’s how I stumbled into keto originally, way back in early 2015…

(Robin) #11

Me too. I appreciate and envy all the wonderful recipes here, but am too used to my easy, lazy approach. Basically, heat meat, eat meat.

Catchy!
I used to refer to my basic cooking as “tossing something into the oven”.
Those were my early times, now I fry everything as all my life… Well not always, today I happened to make roasts.

(Denise) #13

I’m going to get more organized with the recipe because it’s a big pain for me to have to cook the bacon and the burger plus the cleanup. I have a small kitchen, and I really need a printer to print these recipes out instead of trying to takes the notes, then decipher my own scribble. I can’t handle disorganization and it makes anything I attempt harder. I did better this time than last, and next time I’ll be so organized it will be a wiz :wink:

I know if I was still working a full-time job, this would only be a good recipe for a weekend task, but for me it’s way worth it as I really get sick of cooking, and this one lasts me at least 3 meals before freezing leftover.

I do love adding in the bacon and making it much more protein fortified, no string beans or any other vegie.

:smiley: I remember all the times when I tried to figure out what on earth I could have written :smiley: It’s quite funny sometimes… I have a good short term memory, it’s a problem with older notes…

But my kitchen is big. Not really big but it is the bigger half of the place downstairs and the food storage places spill over elsewhere… I could use a 100qm kitchen… One can never have enough kitchen space - if one is me, at least… I don’t easily find some counter space as I have only what, 7 meters of it? And a kitchen island. Good thing I have few machines and only as few pots as strictly needed! And no pantry, it’s my pain. Sigh. But I manage.

Why some people think that 1-2 persons don’t need a big kitchen I can’t imagine. It doesn’t matter, I still would feel claustrophobic in a tiny one (and many have NO WINDOWS!!! horrible) and I need to store all my stuff too!

Both my SO and I have epic skills at using ALL the space nearby, it doesn’t make things easier :smiley:

Yes, yes, that’s always good for me too. I don’t want to eat a ton of food just to get my minimal protein (that’s 130g a day). And there is the taste… Bacon is tastier than green beans. They never were among my many fav vegs, greens had a hard time in general (green peas were an exception).

(Denise) #15

This bacon I grabbed wasn’t as salty as the last so I ended up having to add salt while eating. Live and learn I guess. No, never liked vegies much at all and while I was doing the broccoli and brussels I had to smother them with mayo to get any taste. That little voice in my head saying “eat your vegies” still ringing but thanks to keto I don’t have to eat them at all.

How do you quote @Shinita?? I can’t figure it out this a.m.??

I always ate way more veggies than I should have… As they were so extremely irresistibly tasty, among other things… But I eat about the perfect amount on carnivore-ish, yay! :wink: I do have a tiny bit here and there but I can handle it well. And I eat meat+veg soups at a relative, she makes the tastiest soups ever, I can’t compare!
But most of my meat soups are very good too. Just not that high level. And it takes very little vegs. And lots of meat :slight_smile:

(Denise) #17

Now soups or something I haven’t thought a lot about since I started keto but for winter soups or excellent I just will miss the biscuits I used to make homemade baking powder biscuits gosh I love them with smothered with butter

(Alec) #18

I think I am going to try this, but my carni recipe will be:

1. Base: Ground beef & bacon
  2. Pour on: Eggs/cream/cream cheese mix
  3. Topping: cheddar, mozz, parmi

I am salivating already. I will buy my missing ingredients tomorrow (I think just the beef) and make it tomorrow lunchtime.

(Denise) #19

That’s the beauty of a recipe, we can adjust it to fit our liking :slight_smile: Let me know what you think @Alecmcq :blush:

I only started to buy cream cheese not long ago (when I discovered which supermarket chain has it. it’s not a traditional item here) and I just use it as spread or alone but maybe I should put it into quiche and the like too? :thinking:

I like the cheddar in this recipe and I happen to have it now (in slices but whatever), my missing piece is some ruminant meat. Maybe I make it with pork, it can’t be bad with these tasty ingredients :wink: And the beef (or deer) one will come later.

(Alec) #21

OK, I made my carni version, and it was lovely! Some pics below….

Base of ground beef, bacon and a little cheddar. I put cream cheese, cream, eggs and cheese on top from this point

Then the finished product:

I think I would improve this a little by mixing some cheese and eggs to the ground beef base so that the ground beef binds together a bit more. I would also add some salt.