I definitely fell off the horse :(

(Brent) #1

Around last Christmas i decided to stop eating keto to make the holidays easier. I told myself & my wife i was going to eat carbs again but eat more paleo (no processed foods). Unfortunately that’s hard to do. You end up telling yourself that but in the end you start sinking into some of your old habits. My weakness has always been ice cream. I made to many DQ stops. I did use IF on most weekdays (i would have 1 meal a day) but that wasn’t enough. In the end my close kept getting tighter & tighter to the point where i told myself i can’t do this anymore.

I was almost fearful of the scale knowing i should go weigh myself. I finally did weigh myself and i ended up gaining ~15 pounds. I actually thought it was going to be much worse. Thats not saying a 15 pound weight gain isn’t bad. Its bad enough for my close to be getting uncomfortably tight.

In the end if i stuck and was strict about not being keto but eating paleo (with some sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, rice, beans, ect…) but i didn’t. Its a lot easier sometimes on busy nights to pick something up than have to make dinner.

I started keto again this week and it has been hard. The classic keto flu type symptoms but i will survive. My first goal will be fore my clothes to fit comfortably again.

This is why I just don’t cheat. Good for you for being able to get back on the horse!