I chose to eat Mexican non keto last night

(Wendy) #1

Hi, I love the Keto way of eating. I rarely feel deprived nor crave non keto foods but yesterday I really wanted a traditional Mexican meal. I ate the corn chips (made fresh) the salsa, a couple soft corn tacos and way too many nachos with Mexican cheese, ground beef, guacamole, and a side of refried beans with cheese. Well, I was too full to eat much of the beans. :blush:
Today Iā€™m back to keto. I fasted until about 1 and ate a steak I happened to have left in the fridge. I also ate about 2 maybe closer to 3 tablespoons of said left over beans with a dab of sour cream. Iā€™m hoping that those werenā€™t too high in carbs as I usually of course donā€™t eat beans (except green beans occasionally).
I donā€™t do keto strips or strict counting but have been losing (down 40 lbs) consistently and able to fast easily so have no reason to believe I havenā€™t been in ketosis.
I know I may or may not stall a bit. Itā€™s not like I have not had an occasional ā€œcheatā€ meal before. I have never been a binge eater so my ability to go back is not a worry. So is it truly cheating if we occasionally choose to eat off plan to celebrate or just because we want to? And was it a bad choice to have the small amount of beans today? Just curious what you think.
Thanks! I so enjoy all the wisdom I pick up here on this forum!

(Ron) #2

I like this thinking -

(Doug) #3

Wendy, I canā€™t see how itā€™s any big deal at all, especially given the above. Not trying to encourage non-keto eating, but you got going again.

(Wendy) #4

Very well put and pretty much expresses what I think. Thanks!

(Monica Piccirillo) #5

For meā€¦itā€™s being real and living life. I love the link that was provided about ā€œcheatingā€! It is spot on for me!
Youā€™re great!