I believe I have nailed keto pasta

(Judy chosewood) #207

Carl, I made your pasta last night, and love it! It was easy and delicious, topped it with Raos Marinara sauce and ground beef with butter. Could not believe how delicious your noodles taste! Bring on winter, I have my new comfort food!

(Wendy) #208

I canā€™t find my Bzoodles cookbook? I know I down loaded it because I had read some of it before. I also donā€™t have any of the updated recipes. When I looked for the emails I only find one from PayPal with my receipt.
Iā€™ve been looking for Carlā€™s email address to contact him but canā€™t find it listed anywhere. Iā€™ve heard him give it on the podcast but I canā€™t remember it. Something @. Carl?
If anyone can help me Iā€™d really appreciate it.
Not sure where to post this. Help!

(PJ) #209

Will send it to you DM Wendy

(Nicci) #210

Yes, I know an old conversation.
But I have a question. Hopefully Carl will see this and respond, or even someone who has knowledge of Transglutaminase and Sodium alginate.
Anyone whose looked up Ann on YouTube and her noodle recipes, knows the base of her recipe is egg yolks and lupin flour, a KETO-friendly alternative to wheat flour.
But for her ā€œhardener,ā€ she uses Sodium alginate to gell the mixture together.
So my question is, could Sodium alginate be substituted for the Transglutaminase?
Iā€™d love to know if anyone has tried this. I love Annā€™s noodles, but would now like to try Carls. They seem simpler to make, and with less carbs than the Lupin flour would present.
Thanks for reading KETOtarians. If anyone has any thoughts on this, Iā€™d love to hear. :slight_smile:

Sodium Alginate works like a gum / thickener, basically like Xanthan gum does, TG literally glues proteins together, hence the ā€œmeat glueā€ nickname. I remember Carl talking about how he tried basically EVERYTHING during all his trials to get them right and thatā€™s what he landed on, but thereā€™s only one way to find out, you may be able to dig up that episode where he talked about them, assuming Bazoodles was in the title or shownotes, should be easy enough to find. I only made them twice, pretty decent though.