I ate 32g of net carb yesterday šŸ˜¢

(Jackson ) #3

Thank u sara Iā€™ll do it :ok_hand:t2:

(Jackson ) #4

Iā€™ll fast 24 hrs today and Iā€™ll do hitt running exactly to feel better ā€¦

(Allie) #5

Forget it and move on. Stressing over it will do more harm than a few extra carb grams.

(Jackson ) #6

U think Iā€™m gonna be ok ? Iā€™m still in ketosis ?

(Rob) #7

Like @Shortstuff says, just move on. Youā€™re doing something that is new to you and youā€™re bound to make a few blunders now and then. I still do! It takes time to learn what foods contain carbs and how much. If youā€™re in doubt, go for more fat in your next meals which will drive you in the right direction quicker.

Youā€™re doing fine.

Keep Calm and Keto On.

(Jackson ) #8

Iā€™ll drink my coffee and put some mct oil but it means no fasting bcz as I knw when u fast u should not consume anthg but Iā€™ll have mct oil today only ā€¦ is it ok ?

(Jack Brien) #9

Your worrying about it far to much. Keep calm, keto on

(Rob) #10

If youā€™re fat adapted (which you should be if you started Keto last November) then a fast is certainly an option to get you back into Ketosis quicker. A fast aimed at fat burning generally wouldnā€™t have you consuming fat, just water (and salt obviously :wink: ). You can still fast and consume fat and bone broth, but just be realistic about results in that itā€™s not going to be as effective as a water fast alone.

(Jackson ) #11

Thank u for the positive vibes I really I appreciate it ! U dnt knw guys how much Iā€™m suffering with my new life bcz no one is understanding wht Iā€™m doing they think Iā€™m not normal Iā€™m so happy I found people like u :joy: Like me :see_no_evil: I think Iā€™m the only one in ketosis in this country

(Rob) #12

Youā€™re not aloneā€¦

Check this outā€¦

Iā€™m sure there are also a lot more people in the UK doing Keto who are not members of this forum. Even those that are donā€™t automatically appear on the map, so go ahead and add yourself to the map. :slight_smile:

(Ryan Ashton) #13

There is a ā€œfast ketoā€ shortcut that Iā€™ve heard about:

2 x avocados
3 x green drink e.g. Vitamineral Greens Powder (google it)

Also, check this out: http://startlowcarb.com/get-into-reach-ketosis-fast/

(Jackson ) #14

Thnxxx :+1:t3:

(Jackson ) #15

Guys just want u to knw Iā€™m ok just finish my hitt 30 min and I checked my keto level it was 2.7! So I think Iā€™m ok Iā€™m my glucose is 75 :heart_eyes: But Iā€™ll not eat today Iā€™ll only drink my coffee with mct oil thnx again for all ur replies

(Adam Kirby) #16

Thatā€™s exactly the wrong approach. You do realize that 150 grams of carbs is basically a lowish carb diet right? To punish yourself with fasting for like 40 extra carb calories is crazy. Hereā€™s whatā€™s happened to your fat burning state: nothing. Chill. :grin:

(Jackson ) #17

Thnx Adam :wink:

(matt ) #18

It doesnā€™t matter at all in the long termā€¦just forget about i and move on. Your stressing about it will do more harm.

(Brian) #19

KCKOā€¦

Itā€™s a non-event.

Make todayā€™s carb intake what you think it should be. Continue to do likewise. Make your low-carb intake a habit by repeating it over and over. Youā€™ll be fine.

(Lonnie Hedley) #20

People go in and out of ketosis all day long. Itā€™s very possible to drop out and never know, then be back in later in the day.

(Todd Allen) #21

For most of us it took years if not decades of eating high carb/SAD - sodas, pastries, sweets, HFCS snuck into many of the ā€œfoodsā€ in our shopping carts to become metabolically damaged, overweight, sick, etc. Hundreds of grams daily of carbs, much of it coming from refined sugars and refined grains/starches.

Iā€™ve gone keto due to a genetic progressive ā€œuntreatableā€ muscle/nerve wasting disease and understand the desperation many have to regain their health and fitness. But be realistic, if your issues took a long time to develop, expect it to take time to reverse. All that is needed is to get on a positive trajectory that you can sustain.

The 20 g per day carbs guideline is not one of the 10 commandments. It is a suggested level that works for almost everyone to get into ketosis. There really isnā€™t much evidence to suggest this is an optimal level of carbohydrate intake and even if there was it would be a general statistical thing perhaps more strongly applying to certain populations like the diabetic, obese or elderly. But that doesnā€™t mean it is the best thing for YOU. To find what works best for you, you need to experiment. Consider the 32 g of net carbs an experiment - really a very modest one. Did you feel noticeably worse or better? Did your blood glucose rise badly? Were you ketones noticeably lower? How did you perform physically and mentally?

I got into trouble following the US nutritional guidelines and mainstream dietary advice to eat HCLF. As I declined, I thought I wasnā€™t following the guidelines strictly enough and doubled down on my efforts. The mistake I made was not that I followed the wrong guidelines but that I was following something blindly. If I had been experimenting/paying attention to results I could have seen so much sooner that it was a poor approach for me. I still donā€™t know what is best for me. I probably never will, but I can see what is working ok and know enough now to keep experimenting/adjusting in pursuit of my ever changing goals.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #22

What everyone else said. And 30 isnā€™t a magic number. Itā€™s not like 30 is safe and 31 is doom. Some folks can maintain ketosis higher than 30. 30 is a good general guideline. But itā€™s not magic and itā€™s not pass fail.

Just do today like you were going to and get on with your day in peace.