I am beginning to think this is impossible for me

@chance @FoxBase
Nice to meet you both too!
My Canadian hubby and kids have noted that when I talk on the phone with relatives, the accent gets immediately much stronger, almost like another language! My kids love listening to their grandparents speak, even though I’m pretty sure they don’t understand half of what they are saying.

The Yorkshire gene is definately real - and is a major evolutionary advantage! Prepared me for life anwhere!

So true!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #106

Y’all are a bunch of weirdos. Lol :wink:

(Bob) #107

Randy, I started in March. I used a 5 day fast with bullet proof coffee to get over the keto flu in a short time. I tried Keto in February but couldn’t do it. Then I watched lectures, read articles and listened to podcasts for a month to educate myself. Once I understood how the body and a ketogenic diet works it was easy to restart in March. It was a learning experience to find out what foods worked for me. I learned that for me I need to stick to basic Whole Foods. I don’t do recipes or cooking meals. I have to count the amount of carbs and protein in grams in everything I eat. I’ll eat eggs, avocados, olive oil, MCT oil, canned sardines oysters and herring, wild salmon, grass fed ribeye, and leafy green veggies. Sometimes cold fermented sauerkraut and pickels. A very limited diet. Soon I will branch out to recipes and stuff like liverwurst, Swiss cheese and mustard on lettuce leaves. One of my favorites. I make home made chili for a treat. I find that going simple and basic is what works for me right now but everyone is different. It’s been a real trip learning what keeps me in ketosis. It get easier after the keto flu. I’ve been obese my entire life eating carbage and now will be healthy and losing weight weight without ever being hungry. Good luck. Keto works. Stay calm and Keto on.

(David) #108

That’s awesome. Years since I’ve seen Hale and Pace.

(Becky Loveday) #109

Or as Carl & Richard call them… “medical supplies!” That’s how I have begun to refer to all the new kitchen gadgets I want to buy… “Hmmm… I think I need a new medical supply to go in my kitchen!!”

(Shawn) #110

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet but I like buying a rotisserie chicken for one meal then rendering down what’s left on the carcass, adding mayo and a bit of radish to make a chicken salad for lunch the next day.

Another family fave is a simple shepherds pie with hamburger and riced cauliflower covered in cheese (wonderful yet constipating cheese) and baked.

(Anna Juliet) #111

@FoxBase @Chance @ketograndma
Cumbrian here hubby is yorkshire :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands: now live in Cambridgeshire!!
Hello English ketonians!!!
:grin:

(David) #112

Hi @Anna_juliet, say “ey up!” to your husband from me.

(Anna Juliet) #113

@Chance Hahaha, he’s from Elland, up your neck of woods!! Small world!

How do! Flippin’ heck, we’re all coming owt t’woodwork now! :rofl:

(Richard Morris) #115

1/4 of my genes (my maternal grandfather was from leeds).

And Jules says all of hers are Yorkshire as she were born there.

Well us Yorkshire folk are everywhere scattered about the world now!
For anyone who is fortunate enough to know a Yorkshire person, the following chap has some handy pointers for understanding what the heck it is we are saying! Good luck translating!

(eat more) #117

ooh i saw part 1 so i’d know what ya’ll were talking about :joy:
thanks for part 2

edit: and part 3 and 4 lol

(Cocker) #118

@Anna_juliet - ow do cocker!
@richard and jules - ow do cockers!
@mikki - ow do cock!

(kac) #119

Me too! I need basic.

Try delish.com it has simple recipes with simple ingredients. I am a cook so making elaborate meals is exciting for me, but i dont always do elaborate. Sometimes some cream cheese rolled in pepperoni or a skillet pizza is my meal. Don’t over think it, a lil protein a lot of fat and maybe some green leafy veggies and u got it…Wish u the best of luck on ur journey. Ask questions everyone here is eager to help…and remember KCKO :wink:

(Mike W.) #122

To make egg “pucks” I just use the ring from a Mason jar.

(Mike) #123

I ate