I am beginning to think this is impossible for me

(G. Andrew Duthie) #41

Meant to say this before, but dude, it is amazing what you have done for your kids. I see SO MANY young kids, even in our neighborhood, who are clearly carrying around a bunch of excess weight, and almost certainly from overconsumption of carbs and sugar. To see a couple of kids headed in the opposite direction is inspiring.

Nice job!

(Dustin Cade) #42

the boys make popcorn after school or to take with them in their lunchesā€¦ they are the only ones who use itā€¦ popcorn does not agree with me, i had a couple bites at the movies and i fell asleepā€¦

(Dustin Cade) #43

i reached my like limit for the dayā€¦ 9 minutes and counting :innocent:

(Dustin Cade) #44

@Brenda Thank you, Iā€™m their step dad, Iā€™m the lucky one to fall into a situation with a great lady with great kids!

(Rachel) #45

I started my keto journey with their ,(keto connect) simple model food list and meal plan for the first two weeks.
I found it very doable and affordable.
Iā€™m still fairly new to keto and I use their suggestions when I find things getting complicated. Itā€™s my ā€œsquare oneā€ back to basic menu of meals.

(Jo Lo) #46

Think steak and eggs. Itā€™s not cooking its just heating stuff up.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #47

Unless youā€™re @Brenda, in which case sometimes you just eat that steak rawā€¦

#carnivore

(Jaidann) #48

You know this place is so freekinā€™ cool! Iā€™m getting the sniffles. Hereā€™s someone whoā€™s trying and getting over whelmed and there are SO many responses to him extending a helping hand. I ā€¦ LOVE ā€¦ IT!! You all are awesome!

(Dustin Cade) #49

I love steak n eggs

(Candace) #50

I hit a limit on a regular basis - maybe Admins donā€™t?

(Candace) #51

Already have so much great advice!!

Iā€™m just going to restate a lot of what has been stated lol:

Mariaā€™s recipes are fantastic - but as has already been said, you may want to hold off on them until you are ready to cook, and maybe just do a recipe here and there. You can use store bought items in place of making the homemade ones, but also, as has been stated, she posts those recipes for people who are going all in to heal their bodies (like me - in a few months when Iā€™m not traveling).

Some days all I eat is steak cooked in butter with eggs - you donā€™t have to do anything fancy.

(Insert witty quote here) #52

I have always been a convenience food person, so itā€™s been a really hard transition for me, too. In fact, I posted a similar post not too long ago, and also got some great advice. :grinning:

Iā€™ve recently discovered that Aldi has some great Keto friendly convenience food. Shredded pork and chicken, quacamole cups, cheese, meat, etc. This morning I had shredded pork heated in butter, and added some cheese. Easy, delicious, and cheap!

Donā€™t give up. Youā€™ve got this!:heart:

(Newbie in Kansas. ) #53

Yeah @michellembeach1220 I hadnā€™t mentioned the fact that my wife and I have eaten fast food for lunch for the past 35 years and it is engrained into the fabric of my mind (is there a fabric of your mind?) anyway I fear that attempting to change to health, no carb eating at home ia going to nearly impossible, especially when my wife is not on board with Keto eatingā€¦know what I mean?

I am not giving up, but I know I know I am going to on and off the Keto train many times before I am onboard the train for the long haul?

(David) #54

I have had almost as many fresh starts as I have Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

However, you only need one fresh start to stick, so I would welcome every one, because sooner or later what was difficult will become easy and what took will power will become habit, and before you know it you will be on this forum helping newcomers get through the difficult early days.

(No pressure)

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #55

(Genevieve Biggs) #56

I just eat meat. Whatever meat I like. I add dairy and/or eggs if I feel like it. Can it get much simpler than that? :wink:

(Bobby) #57

Hi Randy, I just got into ketosis about 3 weeks ago after struggling for quite a few weeks. Like you, it is just so hard to follow the diet plan and wonder if I was doing it right or wrong. Any way the test strip just showing 0.2 all those weeks.

Later on I decide to do it in a different way. I started with a 16/8 IF with what I believe was ketogenic diet for two days, still 0.2, then I simply change into fat IF for one day then boom. Iā€™m in!!! Then I slowly adding other micros bit by bit. Monitoring carefully everyday to learn about how my own body respond to food and to my life style.

Now after 3 weeks in, I feel great.

Hope this helps.

Keto On.

Bobby

(Terri) #58

I would recommend just making simple food. Then later, if you want to start incorporating recipes, go for it. But to start, prepare things that will be staples for you. Eggs, bacon, sausage, burgers, steak, salad, roasted veggies, chicken, cheese, etc. Even well into eating Keto, recipes do not make up the bulk of what I eat. Mostly, I eat simple and delicious stuff that does not require a culinary degree or hired help.

(Jane Reed) #59

Two wordsā€“canned tuna. Mix it with mayo or cream cheese, a bit of salt, add a layer of shredded cheese, bake. Fancy it up with a bit of some frozen veg, like spinach or broccoli when you get tired of beige. Later, fancy it up with some shiritaki noodles. Boom, you just made tuna noodle casserole.

This can be heated in the microwave oven but for best flavor of the slightly browned and crispy-edged cheese, bake it in an oven.

Very easy, very fast, very tasty.

(jketoscribe) #60

Our own Carl Franklin has an eating plan for fast foodies: http://carlfranklin.net/blog/2016/8/29/no-bs-weight-loss-plan-for-obese-people.html

When thereā€™s a will, thereā€™s a way. Instead of declaring things ā€œimpossibleā€ make it a personal challenge to figure out how things CAN work.

I play the ā€œKeto Gameā€. The point of the ā€œgameā€ is to find a way to eat keto in any situation. Fast food, convenience store on the road, Walmart or Target (which increasingly have more and more keto options), birthday party, Chinese restaurant, at home with a wife who prefers to cook convenience foods, etc. ;o)