I ADD salt to regular bacon. Anyone else?

(Mother of Puppies ) #1

It’s really yummy, and my favorite recipe.

What. Is. Happening? :joy:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #2

I always have. I’ve always over salted everything.

No but last time I had bacon I thought it was a little bland. Next time I will go ahead and salt it too!

(Karim Wassef) #4

I add bacon to my salt

(PSackmann) #5

I use my taste-buds to let me know when I need more salt. If I eat something I know is salty, like ham, and it’s bland, I know to add another pinch of salt. If my normal salting tastes salty, I know I have enough in my system and I ease back.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #6

How about adding bacon salt AND salt to bacon?

I want to buy Lite Salt. Anyone tried it? Its half typical table salt, half potassium chloride. I normally use only Himalayan salt for the trace mineral benefits. But I like the idea of extra potassium.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #7

My husband thought picking up magazines from the month my 22 year old daughter was born would be meaningful. Well, she couldn’t care less - but I dug them out. There was a 1997 Saturday Evening Post article on how to cut the salt. They mentioned the Morton’s light, and other substitutes. The one I found the most interesting was powered lysine. Didn’t know such an animal existed - and it apparently tastes like salt.

It’s an ingredient in ketoaide, recommended around here.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #9

Thank you, Darren!! Im going to have to give that a go. Ive been obsessive over proper electrolytes because most of the powdered ones have artificial sweeteners in them, which I have to run away from because Im allergic and they trigger badass migraines that can last for 24 hours. Alcohol sugars do this to me too, but to a lesser extent.

I would have to find magnesium citrate without any of that shyte in it.

Im excited :crazy_face: