Hungry, but NEVER "hangry!" (And introduction)

(Susan) #1

Hi there. I’ve been back on the “low carb” bandwagon for about a week now. I’ve followed this type of eating on and off for a long time - I think I did Atkins for the first time when I put on the college 35. (Yeah, I realize it’s usually the college 15…I was sad and lonely at college, but that’s another story. blush:)

I’m 57 years old and at this time I weigh 156 pounds, which is about 25 more than I did when I got married 29 years ago, but at 5’8" it’s not that bad a weight for me. My husband definitely thinks I was too thin when we got married. Honestly, I’d love to get back to that pre-children weight, but I’m not sure it’s realistic…or even necessary. I think I’d feel good if I can get myself under 150 and really stabilize there. Other than when I was pregnant, the highest my weight has gone since I married was about 180. Not happy when I was there!

I’m sort of doing this Keto lifestyle for a little bit of weight loss, but honestly, I truly do feel so much better when I’m eating this way. And I mean physically, mentally and emotionally better. So, I’m feeling pretty good about where I am right now.

I wanted to comment that what I’m really noticing this time is the fact that although I do sometimes get hungry, I swear that I never feel “hangry” at all. When I’m not eating Keto, this is a word that describes me to a “T.” I’m ravenous all day long, and if I wait even a few minutes too long to eat, I morph into this nasty, crabby witch! I just don’t think I ever realized how successful it would be to combine bulletproof coffee, intermittent fasting and a Keto diet. I feel that I’ve learned so much here already!!

So, thanks to everyone for sharing their wisdom, and I hope to become a more involved member of this community.

Suze

(Candy Lind) #2

Welcome! And come visit the Keto Women Over 50 and Vintage Ladies Keto Klub.

I agree, “hangry” doesn’t apply to my hunger pangs anymore. WHAT A RELIEF!

(Brittany Buffa Cece) #3

I was just telling this to a girlfriend of mine. My body thrives off of eating this way and i truly think my body just doesnt like a high carb way of eating. I know what true hunger feels like now, and I can usually put it off for a while if I can’t eat right then and there. When I was eating a high carb diet the cravings and fake hunger would be so intense I would be miserable. Now being on Keto, I know this is a way of eating that is sustainable for me :+1:t3: