Humor :-)

(Stickin' with mammoth) #974

How hysterical is it when some reckless idiot passes you only to be stuck right in front of you at the next stop sign? I always think to myself, “You wasted all that money and gas to gain fifteen feet. You’re gonna go far, my friend!” Then I smile broadly when they glare into their rear view. It’s the little things.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #975

Payback is a bitch.

(Brittany Allen) #976

I like hearing how people think alone in their cars because we all think so differently.

Sometimes when I race around someone it’s not because they are particularly slow but, maybe they can’t stop tapping their brakes or they are traveling 50 car lengths behind the car in front of them… Um byeee lol

(Doug) #977

10 over is a good zone. I’ll often set the cruise control at 8 over - I’ve had many a traffic ticket, and have been told that 10 over is often the threshold for getting stopped or not. When you can see pretty well, i.e. the cops don’t have many good hiding places, then 10 over is what I’m satisfied with, as far as being behind somebody, it’s “reasonably fast enough.”

(Brittany Allen) #978

I agree, especially on rural rds. It frustrates the heck out of me being stuck on a one lane Rd behind someone hardly going speed limit. Like, we all live this far out of town so we don’t have to deal with ppl who can’t drive. Haha

(Brittany Allen) #979

Y’all seen this little alien comic? It’s my favorite rn

(Stickin' with mammoth) #980

10 over will get you dragged from your vehicle and beaten with a night stick in my county. 5 over is the limit around here, and only if the cop next to you is doing it, too. No tickets. I’ll drive faster on open, dry highway with a three second following distance in the daylight, but that’s it.

…Okay, there was that one time when I was about to get locked in behind a timed gate at sundown at a wildlife refuge in the middle of nowhere. I kicked up some gravel on THAT road, just ask the swans.

(Doug) #981

Wow - I have never feared when going 6 to 8 over, except for one place - Waldo, Florida (northeast of Gainesville). Now that place was a true speed trap. 1 MPH over could get you. Mercifully, a few years back the state legislature passed a law banning traffic-ticket quotas for law officers, the town’s police force was disbanded, and the county sheriff now handles traffic stuff.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #982

I like to think about why they might be driving slowly.

I’ve taken a hurt pet to the vet, bundled in blankets and a box, and clearly in pain. I drove gently for them. I’ve carefully strapped a vase of flowers in the front seat to bring to an important event, didn’t want to damage those. Back in Carb Land, I baked an enormous English lemon pound cake with icing drizzle and had to balance it on the front seat on a crystal platter for 80 miles to a party on the beach. Avoided sudden moves on that trip. Never broke the law on these travels, never had to, but I took no risks.

I DID have to grieve the death of my best friend while driving once and, believe me, the courtesy of my fellow drivers did not go unnoticed that day. I have no problem giving it back.

(Doug) #983

:slightly_smiling_face: “Anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac.” --George Carlin

(Stickin' with mammoth) #984

That really narrows it down

(Full Metal KETO AF) #985

@Aqua_chonk I haven’t met a lot of them. :rofl:

(Stickin' with mammoth) #986

For instant stress relief about the fools around you, remember this little tip: Your imagination is a brilliant comedy writer.

Guy cuts you off in traffic and zooms away? There’s only one tube of herpes cream left at his pharmacy.

Jackass slams on his brakes in front of you? He just saw her text about the baby not being his.

Dude weaving around, can’t pick a lane? Hemorrhoids must really itch.

Halfwit blasting music next to you in gridlock traffic? He’s trying to drown out the voices in his head saying “It’s not that small, it’s not that small, it’s not that small…”

(Stickin' with mammoth) #987

Well, wherever you did meet them, you might wanna stop drinking the water there.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #988

An irresistible challenge suddenly presents itself

(Doug) #989

Multi-lane roads solve much of the stress, especially if people just do the “slower traffic keep right” thing - or “left” in some of the world’s places. I started driving in 1975, and America has definitely gotten worse on sticking to it.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #990

Two very different Friday nights

(Doug) #991

(Stickin' with mammoth) #992

That’s one of my favorites, sent it to my father, an ex-pilot.

(Lauren) #993