Humor :-)

(Doug) #2234

(Doug) #2235

LeanHamburger

When somebody else buys the ground beef…

That price, $6 per lb. :neutral_face:

And… 8% fat - I didn’t even know they made it that low! :smile::woozy_face:

(Edith) #2236

(Susan) #2237

This is hilarious hehehehe.

(Jane) #2238

:rofl:

(Troy) #2240

(PJ) #2241

(Central Florida Bob ) #2242

I love the fact it’s topped with six ABTs - Atomic Buffalo Turds, as the back porch smoker community calls them. Smoked, bacon wrapped, cream cheese-stuffed, jalapeno peppers.

I’ve got to make this.

(Troy) #2243

Snowcones or poopsicles anyone?
:flushed:

(Troy) #2244

(Troy) #2245

(Bob M) #2247

You realize things aren’t black and while like that, correct?

There is definitely a bias in many ways for essential workers, like those who work in meat processing plants, of which many died to get us our foods.

But the vast majority of scientific evidence suggests unmasked, close contact is bad for covid-19 transmission. And the worst place for that is bars, where people’s inhibitions are lowered, the bars are typically very loud (at least the ones I’ve been to), and you therefore have to talk very loudly, and you’re in close contact. All of these cause higher rates of covid-19 transmission. The Asian countries refer to this as the “three Cs”: confined spaces, crowded places and close-contact settings

So what that “humor” attempts to do is paint people who stay at home as being the real villains, while essential workers are the heroes. But the real world is infinitely more complex than that.

For instance, where I live, the people going to the bars are the younger, wealthier people. Not your typical “essential” worker.

Furthermore, since I’m an attorney, I’m considered to be “essential”, and my boss makes me come into work everyday, even though all of our clients are nowhere near us. That is, I NEVER physically see a client. There is no reason for me to be at work.

Oh dear- this was really just for the humor, and to my ear it was about virtue signaling and not about transmission of COVID.

In any case, even relative to COVID, no one’s arguing that anything is black and white, no one’s inside a bar, and the folks who are home aren’t villains. They’re being mocked not for being at home but for their self-righteousness.

[I think I’ll just delete it. I see this oblivious self-righteousness a lot among my colleagues, which is why it resonated with me, but I have no wish to upset folks in the humor area! @Bob, I think it really stinks that you can’t work from home. There are so many policy approaches to COVID, but it seems to me that all of the solid ones have in common that folks can shield themselves as they see best if at all possible.]

(PJ) #2249

Please don’t kill our funny thread with seriousness people come on…

I considered this amusing hence I’m posting it in humor but if you want the recipe it’s at

I love the pinecone look! and a cheeseball how easy is that. And you could dip the almonds in the cheese!

(Susan) #2251

That looks awesome --maybe I could make that next year, when we have company… but verrrry cool looking.

(Troy) #2252

Mmm…bacon :smirk:

A New York attorney representing a wealthy art collector called and asked to speak to his client.

“Saul, I have some good news and I have some bad news.”

The art collector replied, “You know, I’ve had an awful day, Jack, so let’s hear the good news first.”

The lawyer said, “Well, I met with your wife today, and she informed me that she has invested only $5,000 in two very nice pictures that she thinks will bring somewhere between $15 and $20 million … and I think she could be right.”

Saul replied enthusiastically, “Holy cow! Well done! My wife is a brilliant business woman, isn’t she? You’ve just made my day. Now, I know I can handle the bad news. What is it?”

The lawyer replied, “The pictures are of you and your secretary.”

(Troy) #2254