Hubby's first week

(Thomi M) #1

My guy isn’t likely to come on here, but I thought I would. I have been keto 18 months with great success, and my husband finally started last weekend. Unfortunately he had to realize he on the tipping point of diabetes to take this step, but I am proud of him. It is a huge gigantic change for him and really took guts. He is one to stick with decisions, thoug, so I am confident he will prevail. Both our children 18 and 10) are along for the ride, so the whole family is supporting him.
J loves food and is a big guy - both muscles and the extra. He works hard and used to enjoy beer and snacks often. We are working on transitional foods, but I know from experience that he will likely quit craving snacks eventually and develop new tastes. I have! Simple is my thing, and I am confident he will forget about keto bread and other substitions eventually.
Just saying hello and wishing all the other newbies luck. I feel your pain, but try not to snark at your families too much :wink:

(Renee Slaughter) #2

I stopped nagging mine. And he’s kinda lowish carb but hope spings eternal.

(Thomi M) #3

Yeah, I bit my tounge a lot, but he did come to it on his own. And it’s never too late.

(Liz ) #4

It’s literally never too late as my 83 yo mom went Keto in January, and she’s slowly working my dad over to the fat side which is a MIRACLE, he’s 87.

So yay for your husband! You must be feeling relief, & excited for him to feel great.

My husband is sort of doing Keto with me. Its always nice to have the support of the spouse!

(Patricia Ingraham) #6

My husband and I are also just starting. I am sure it will reverse his type 2 diabetes. Now if I could only be as patient in the process as he is!

(Christos) #7

My girlfriend nagged me every step of the way since I started keto in January of this year. After judging and critiquing me most steps of the way ( (; out of love of course) she has just started it as well because of the results I have gotten out of it.