How to make Vietnamese Egg Coffee

(Stickin' with mammoth) #1

I’m gonna try this and substitute extra heavy 40% whipping cream with a few drops of stevia for the condensed milk.

Here’s a few more variations.

I wonder if I can pull this off with one of my flavored hot teas? I’ve not been drinking coffee much since starting the diet and switched to hot teas. I could try brewing an extra strong cup of it…

I also have a recipe for keto condensed milk from thebigmansworld.com. Now I have something else to try it with! It stores well and can be frozen too, even in ice cube trays. From his site:

10 1/4C servings or 20 2T servings

• 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup [granulated sweetener of choice]
    *See notes
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions

1. Add all your ingredients into a small saucepan.
  2. On medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil. Stir regularly, until it begins to simmer. Once it begins to simmer, reduce the heat to very low. Let the condensed milk simmer for around 45 minutes.
  3. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool down completely. Once cool, transfer to a glass jar or container and refrigerate.

Notes

• Monk fruit sweetener, erythritol, allulose, or sugar free brown sugar.
  • The longer you let the condensed milk simmer, the thicker it will become. However, be sure to mix it regularly, to ensure the bottom of the pan does not scorch.
  • For a sweeter and richer flavor, use sugar free brown sugar .
  • Do not substitute any of the ingredients out, otherwise, it will not turn out well. Heavy cream is the best form of ‘keto milk’.

TO STORE : Leftover condensed milk should always be stored in the refrigerator, to avoid any spoilage. It will keep well, covered, for up to 4 weeks. Before using it, let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, for it to loosen up.

TO FREEZE : Place the condensed milk in a sealable container, and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.

(Allie) #3

I blend raw eggs into my coffee every morning :grin: