How much vegetables should I be eating?

never said they did. Thats in your head. What I said is that we have a different mindset as well as different goals.

(eat more) #22

which you have NO way of knowing…

you and i definitely have conflicting communication styles :joy:

carry on

LOL. I dont know where your getting that but that view is deffinitly in the minority with keto followers because I have never heard that in the last three years.

Fiber, vegtables, vitamins and minerals are not your enemy with Keto. If anything i would say artificial sweeteners are.

(Beth) #25

You’ve gotten a lot of good answers here and maybe this is just more of the same, but I think there is a limit for salads where if my salad ratio gets too high, it makes me crave/feel hungry. You probably just need to experiment and see what works for you. I didn’t think it was possible to eat too many veggies, but I’ve rethought that after I realized I always had cravings after a giant salad for lunch.

(Crow T. Robot) #26

They aren’t your enemy, but there’s no vital need for them either. Thousands of zero carbers are proving that every day.

(eat more) #28

ok this is my last ditch effort to communicate with you like an adult…
i am not being combative in the least, i’ve been respectful…you on the other hand not so much

you have no way of knowing what my goals, mindset, or what’s in my head…let alone my attitude

proof…i do like fish…not sardines

originally i was being funny…i wasn’t looking for alternatives
clearly not your kind of humor

please remember that everyone here is an adult, capable of making their own choices and determining their likes/dislikes

ps the last thing you want to tell an adult but especially a woman is to “relax” :joy:

like i said… relax… take a deep breath. i know your dead set on starting an arguement with me (wether your realize it or not) but i am not your enemy. i dont think your even reading half of the posts i am writing to you your so worked up.

(Crow T. Robot) #30

LOL, I noticed that too and was like, “uh oh”.

Edit: Aaaaand, he doubles down on the trolling. Security!

Pro tip. When someone tells you something is super annoying, don’t repeat the same thing - unless you want to come across as an argumentative arse that is a bit up himself.

Unfortunately, I’ve noticed the same thing in myself - eating large salads as my meal, even when extremely high in fat otherwise, with moderate protein such as 75% fat, 20% protein and 5% carbs, didn’t kick me out of ketosis, but I seemed to get hungrier sooner than a more ZC approach, so I’ve also started limiting the times when I’ve had a salad as my meal.

I was also rather shocked to see the carb stats on kale. I had assumed it had a halo. I would do well as a dinner guest with @mikki as I would happily eat all her kale. I feel a bit let down by its carb count though.

Dont eat just because you feel hungry. Your going to be learning to deal with that anyways. Its part of the process

Gosh you really know how to push it that bit too far don’t you? You get the prize, that’s for sure.

(Jodi) #38

This is the worst advice I have seen you post yet.
Keto allows you to eat when you are hungry.
And jumping up and down naked to see your fat jiggle and make yourself feel bad is a horrible thing to do to yourself. You can’t fix a body you hate.

And you should always eat food you like the taste of, just stick to keto foods.

I came here to investigate a flag against you and your apparently inappropriate behaviour. I agreed with the flag and felt it seemly to offer you a word or two of wisdom.

That will work at first. Understand that the less fat you have in storage the harder it is for your body to let it go. Thats where the stalling kicks in. When you get to lower body fat persentages you will find that its basically a wall without massive calorie restriction and exercise. At the beginning its kind of a joke because you can eat bacon, cheese and straight up lard and shed weight.

this is a big reason i tell folks its temporay in the beginning. If you really want to be efficient as soon as you get adapted and comfortable to running on fat start working towards fasting…8 hours…16… hours…72 hours. Your body WILL continue to burn stored fat. It has no choice.

Eating because your hungry is like an intro faze to get yourself off sugar and carbs. Once your off sugar and carbs your not eating because your hungry… you just want to eat. Its mental. Your not hungry… you have the fat on you already. You just have to manipulate your body to go after it. A major part of that is dealing with craving. There is a huge mental aspect to this.

People fail on keto in reguards to low bodyfat percentages because they are seduced at the beginning. You still get to a point where your just going to have to deal with appetite control, bad habbits, lack of discipline etc. etc. This is a big reason i advise against sweeteners and cheat days. Your making it way harder on yourself on the mental side

(Jodi) #41

Eat when you are hungry.
Don’t hate on yourself.

You gave bad and harmful advice IMO.

Nothing you just posted in response had anything to do with the issues I raised. I wasn’t talking cravings. I’m not addressing fasting, which I don’t believe is advised on this forum as something you should do until you are fat adapted.

read it again. I think you missed about 90% of what i said.

eating when you want to eat while being fat is what keeps people from losing weight. as i said… it will get you so far in the beginning only because you have so much excess fat.

Fasting is not some evil world. Its a tactic.

Dont hate yourself. Hat the big slabs of fat your carrying on your body.

(Jodi) #43

Eating when you WANT and eating when HUNGRY are two separate things.
You have advised to ignore hunger, which is fine if you want to fast. Not everyone on this forum wants to fast. Some people just want to keto on, and with keto, you get to eat when hungry.

oh you will stay in keto you just wont burn stored fat. In the beginning it works just. because you have crazy amounts of fat on you. 1/3 of your body weight for most. Sometimes even more.

The sooner you learn to manipulate cravings the better you will be. Keto just makes it much easier because you are fat adapted and dont have to go through metabolic shifts all the time waiting for your body to burn through all the glucose.

Much much easier to skip a meal of fast when your fat adapted. Working out is much easier as well.

Basic mentality. Fat is stored food on your body. Use it.