How many Keto couples do we have?

(Ethan) #10

My wife joined me in keto January last year. I am carnivore now, but she is still keto.

(Jennibc) #11

My husband eats the same things I do but he doesn’t track. He also has a glass of milk everyday and a little fruit so that would put him not strict keto because I am sure he has more than 20gs of carbs a day. But definitely HFLC

(Wendy) #12

My husband is not on the forum, but started Keto last Nov. He has been my guiding light ,humungous support,and awesome cook! He’s lost 65# I started Keto in April. I’m down almost 30# with 20 to go. :hugs:

(Jane) #13

I’ve posted about my husband before but you weren’t here so I will tell it again.

About 3 weeks after I went back to Atkins in Nov 2017 (didn’t know about keto yet) he announced he would do it with me to support me. That and he is retired and does most of the cooking when I am home.

He did not need to lose much weight and loves his bread. He even makes his own homemade that is outstanding.

I appreciated his support but knew what was in store for me.

Whining, complaining, pouting… Every time we went out to eat he sighed heavily at the waitress who was bringing bread to the table and telling her “we can’t have that” like it was a death sentence. Same with ordering food. Melodrama.

I finally snapped at him that he WAS NOT supporting me and making my lunches miserable and PLEASE eat some carbs and shut the fuck up!

Blink… blink… blink… He had no idea. He was going through carb withdrawal.

Fast forward a few months. His belly was flat w/o exercising, his joint pain much reduced, his energy level doubled. I finally had a convert!

He will never go back to a SAD diet and even though he is a unicorn and can eat a lot more carbs than me… he supports me 100% and loved me when I was fat and loves me thinner and healthier.

He never cared about my size but when I was having trouble getting up and down stairs he had grave concerns I would be healthy enough to manage chickens and goats which is our dream.

No more!!!

My partner started about a month after I did. He doesn’t count and he eats a lot fewer vegetables than I do (he was so happy that I started a diet that kept his beloved wings, meat and cheese, but still begrudges the loss of pizza lol) but he’s lost twenty pounds so he’s a convert now

Susan, in December of 2016, my wife and I decided we were starting keto January of 2017, and have been doing it ever since.

At first (probably the first six months to a year) we were closely tracking our ketones, BG and weight, but after that we got “lazy” and now just stick to meals we know that are okay.

Lisa, wrote a letter to the Diet Doctor, for one of their testimonials, and I shared that here, as before and after pictures.

(Susan) #16

All your stories are awesome, and the pics of you and your wife,before and after are remarkable, Darren, that is awesome.

I think it is so neat that there are so many couples on here that are succeeding with their spouses. I would love it if I can convince my hubby too… I keep hoping!

(Susan) #17

Digital_Dave and DoggieMom are also married for ages and a couple too; correct? I am thinking I have this right? =) very awesome for them too =) --If I am mistaken, someone please tell me!

They are either married, or the two friendliest people on the forum; aways calling each other honey and babe, and blowing kisses.

Yes, Susan, they are a couple, and I have a theory that they joined the forum just so they could talk to each other about Keto.

Pist, between you and me, I don’t think they talk much I’m real life. :wink:

(Brian) #19

My wife and I do it together. We started together a little less than 2 years ago and still doing it. We’re “lazy keto” or “dirty keto” as some people say. We were more strict in the beginning but don’t count anything anymore. We just eat real food, mostly keto. I’m here on the forum, she’s not.

We’re healthier than we’ve been in many years. I had a real compliment a few weeks ago. My brother & sister-in-law came to visit. And when people come to visit, we tend to do things we don’t otherwise get to. On this particular visit, we decided to go to several new waterfalls in the area. There are quite a few on the Tennessee Cumberland Plateau but a bunch we haven’t seen yet. Most of them require some hiking to get to. I used to be the “fat one” in the family, 5’10" and was somewhere around 300 pounds, not good. I’m still 5’10", or at least close to it, and closer to 200 than 300 pounds (217 this morning, but it goes up and down.) My sister-in-law asked, “Where do I get all of that energy?” I was out there hiking over rocks, up and down hills, up and down steps where they have them built, and generally not having any difficulty at all. Wow! What a compliment!

A few years ago, I remember of being told I was too “heavy” to be able to go on a hike at a friend’s place in West Virginia. I pretended not to be hurt, but it did smart a little. Not there anymore!

The energy kinda sneaked up on me, though. It didn’t come all at once. And I still know that I’m not 25 years old anymore… closer to 55. But I don’t really think too much about not being able to do stuff physically any more. Odd thing, though… sitting in a car and driving for 10 or 12 hours over the course of a day will whip my butt more than being out hiking over the hills and rocks or even pushing a lawn mower for the same 10 to 12 hours. Road trips just don’t set well. Strange…

(Susan) #20

@dic96_darren

Hehe that is too funny, but thanks for clarifying that for me =).

@Bellyman

Very nice, and it sounds like you live in a very beautiful place. That is so great that you have your life back, and being able to do things that many 55 year olds in today’s society would physically struggle with but that Keto has given you the mobility to do so. I know atm I could not do any of that, but after my goals are achieved, who knows what I will be able to do! That is impressive.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #21

My GF and I are both 100% Keto… But I’m a lot dirtier than she is :grinning: lol
She did finally sign up here, but hasn’t started posting much. I think she is forum shy… Which is a little weird, as in person, she will tell you exactly what she thinks ! :grinning:

It’s kind of funny, that a year ago, she got all sucked into Keto, and was watching every video on YouTube about it, and really trying to convert me… But me being my sometimes slow, hard headed self, just let her do her thing, while it pretty much just bounced off.
Then, a year later, I was watching a Joe Rogan podcast, where he was talking about Keto, and the “on off switch in my head” just clicked !
Next thing ya’ know, I was Keto freaking crazy !
So for a year, she was a moderately strong Keto’er… While I ignored it. Then overnight I became a hard core Keto freak, and now I’m like, “Babe, you know that has like 3 carbs per serving, right” ? Ha ha :grinning: lol
I have to say, she deals with my extremism well though.

And BTW, she is 5’1" and has been as heavy as 125… But now fluctuates between 110 and 105. I think she looks great at any of these weights.
I’m lighter every time I step on the scale. Started “this time” at maybe 247 on a bloated day, and I think I’m around 223 now. Really don’t want to be less than 210… Or certainly 200.
If I could snap my fingers and be exactly where I wanted, I’d be 230 with 9% body fat… But probably wouldn’t be able to put on that much muscle at my age and without lots of chemicals…

I know I’m kind of ranting, but just need to add, I LOVE that my GF is all into Keto as well, and it’s also great that she loves cooking and experimenting with all kinds of new recipes… Most come out pretty good, and many great !
I especially like that she takes the time to make all sorts of Keto breads and deserts :wink:
Finally, although my GF can be an honery little turd, I love the chit out of her :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Susan) #22

That is very sweet =) and she has made some nice food, from the pics you posted. Doing all the Keto together must be great, I am hoping over time my hubby will see me get more healthy and fit and want to participate too.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #23

Thank you. Yes, it’s really great. I really like that we can make meals together… Like, she bakes the keto bread, while I BBQ the meat :slightly_smiling_face:

(Mario) #24

i started keto out of curiosity and my wife joind me after a few weeks. since april 2017 we both are in and enjoy. i do carb cycling once a week, and for me it works really good, for my wife it doesnt. so strict keto for her :grimacing:

(Scott) #25

The wife and I are just shy of one year on keto. It makes it so much easier. I am on the forums while she is not. I tend to be very strict keto except for my wine and beer. She tends to have some carbs when she feels like it and is at her prefered weight. So last week on a beach vacation I had lots of beer and she had lots of carbs. I gained 5 pounds and she bragged “I ate everything I wanted and only gained three pounds”. Now we are competing to see who can lose it the fastest. Each morning we greet each other and then ask “what did the scale say?” We have fun with it.

(Susan) #26

That is great, keeps you both focussed and on track and is a healthy competition, very nice.

Awe, thanks Buddy! :kissing_heart:

Huh??? :confused: … Why, just the other night I hollered down the hall… “Is your Internet acting up?” and she replied… "No!.. Now hush! I’m watching a crocheting video!" :flushed: :crazy_face:

Yes Ma’am… together for 36 years and will be Married 33 this December. :slight_smile:

(Susan) #29

That is fabulous, I was like quite sure, but I made a comment on a thread about it the other day and neither of you replied so I was worried I had it wrong.so just checking.

That is really awesome, though, my hubby is now bragging to our kids how well I am doing (so maybe he is paying attention I bit more then I thought)… hehe.