How many Keto couples do we have?

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #21

My GF and I are both 100% Keto… But I’m a lot dirtier than she is :grinning: lol
She did finally sign up here, but hasn’t started posting much. I think she is forum shy… Which is a little weird, as in person, she will tell you exactly what she thinks ! :grinning:

It’s kind of funny, that a year ago, she got all sucked into Keto, and was watching every video on YouTube about it, and really trying to convert me… But me being my sometimes slow, hard headed self, just let her do her thing, while it pretty much just bounced off.
Then, a year later, I was watching a Joe Rogan podcast, where he was talking about Keto, and the “on off switch in my head” just clicked !
Next thing ya’ know, I was Keto freaking crazy !
So for a year, she was a moderately strong Keto’er… While I ignored it. Then overnight I became a hard core Keto freak, and now I’m like, “Babe, you know that has like 3 carbs per serving, right” ? Ha ha :grinning: lol
I have to say, she deals with my extremism well though.

And BTW, she is 5’1" and has been as heavy as 125… But now fluctuates between 110 and 105. I think she looks great at any of these weights.
I’m lighter every time I step on the scale. Started “this time” at maybe 247 on a bloated day, and I think I’m around 223 now. Really don’t want to be less than 210… Or certainly 200.
If I could snap my fingers and be exactly where I wanted, I’d be 230 with 9% body fat… But probably wouldn’t be able to put on that much muscle at my age and without lots of chemicals…

I know I’m kind of ranting, but just need to add, I LOVE that my GF is all into Keto as well, and it’s also great that she loves cooking and experimenting with all kinds of new recipes… Most come out pretty good, and many great !
I especially like that she takes the time to make all sorts of Keto breads and deserts :wink:
Finally, although my GF can be an honery little turd, I love the chit out of her :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Susan) #22

That is very sweet =) and she has made some nice food, from the pics you posted. Doing all the Keto together must be great, I am hoping over time my hubby will see me get more healthy and fit and want to participate too.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #23

Thank you. Yes, it’s really great. I really like that we can make meals together… Like, she bakes the keto bread, while I BBQ the meat :slightly_smiling_face:

(Mario) #24

i started keto out of curiosity and my wife joind me after a few weeks. since april 2017 we both are in and enjoy. i do carb cycling once a week, and for me it works really good, for my wife it doesnt. so strict keto for her :grimacing:

(Scott) #25

The wife and I are just shy of one year on keto. It makes it so much easier. I am on the forums while she is not. I tend to be very strict keto except for my wine and beer. She tends to have some carbs when she feels like it and is at her prefered weight. So last week on a beach vacation I had lots of beer and she had lots of carbs. I gained 5 pounds and she bragged “I ate everything I wanted and only gained three pounds”. Now we are competing to see who can lose it the fastest. Each morning we greet each other and then ask “what did the scale say?” We have fun with it.

(Susan) #26

That is great, keeps you both focussed and on track and is a healthy competition, very nice.

Awe, thanks Buddy! :kissing_heart:

Huh??? :confused: … Why, just the other night I hollered down the hall… “Is your Internet acting up?” and she replied… "No!.. Now hush! I’m watching a crocheting video!" :flushed: :crazy_face:

Yes Ma’am… together for 36 years and will be Married 33 this December. :slight_smile:

(Susan) #29

That is fabulous, I was like quite sure, but I made a comment on a thread about it the other day and neither of you replied so I was worried I had it wrong.so just checking.

That is really awesome, though, my hubby is now bragging to our kids how well I am doing (so maybe he is paying attention I bit more then I thought)… hehe.

No worries, we might not have seen it? … If you put the @ symbol, in front of a user’s name, like @Momof5 it will send them a notification that will link them directly to the message. :slight_smile:

(Susan) #31

Okay, thanks for the heads up, I will try and remember to do this!

(Stephanie ) #32

I’m the only one in the house that eats keto! My hubby is very supportive and when he cooks he makes it keto friendly just for me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(KCKO, KCFO) #33

Ah, that is so nice of him. Keep leading by example he just might come around :innocent:

(Susan) #34

That is awesome that he does that, and yes, he just might, you never know =).

I stand corrected.

And they say communication is the key to a successful relationship. :smirk:

(Marianne) #36

(My dream, too, but that ship has sailed for us. Good for you!)

(Jane- Old Inky Crone) #37

My husband says he does Keto, but it’s more like LCHF. He started after I’d been here for a few weeks. He also eats several times a day and snacks a lot on things like macadamia nuts, and so called “Keto” breads and ice cream. He is not on the forum. Actually, he had completely quit sugar several months before I went back on Keto this time (I had been on a year long binge). He is such a sugar addict, I’m very impressed that he’s been able to quit!

(Susan) #38

Atleast he has made some important changes; maybe over time he will be a real Ketoer too =)). He is certainly a lot more on track then my hubby.

(Jane- Old Inky Crone) #39

I cooked a roast today. The other day I bought a jar of avocado mayo, and accidentally got wasabi avocado mayo. I love spicy foods, hubby not so much, but he really liked the mayo. This evening he came home and ate some of the roast I had cooked and said “that was real good roast, especially with some of that mayo on it!” So he had a great Keto meal!

(Susan) #40

Very nice =), that is great =).