How many fats do you have in your kitchen?

:pray:

Butter and coconut oil, no need for more.

(Sheri Knauer) #19

coconut oil
avocado oil
olive oil
macadamia nut oil
ghee
butter
bacon fat
beef lard
duck lard
mayo
MCT oil

(Bob M) #20

Red palm oil is relatively low in PUFAs, higher in saturated fat, and has a high antioxidant count (if you care about that). It will have a relatively high smoke point. It’s probably the best vegetable “oil” (it’s a solid at room temperature) to fry in.

(Doug) #21

Butter
Olive Oil
Duck Fat

Somewhat minimalist, without even bacon grease, but we do have a lot of bacon.

Just so everyone knows, this is a photo taken in @OldDoug’s kitchen:

Macadamia Nuts ~ serving size?
(Doug) #23

:smile: Had my wife call me this morning to specifically tell me not to get more bacon.

(Todd Batitis) #24

I am the one of the two of us that is doing keto, the wife is just doing a lower carb thing in general but doesn’t track it anymore.

We have the following:

Chosen Foods Avocado Mayo
Bacon/Pork Belly fat
Nanak Ghee
EV Olive Oil
Kerrygold Butter

And I think there is probably a bottle of Wesson Oil still down there in the cupboard.

(Deborah ) #25

Olive oil
Avocado oil
Butter
Ghee
Lard
Bacon grease
Coconut oil (liquid and solid)

(Garry (Canada)) #26

Just in case Cows become extinct… I keep a few bricks of butter on hand.-- In all seriousness, the wife and I probably go through a block every 7-10 days. We stock it up when it’s on sale. Don’t lick your screen! :joy:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #27

She’ll be awfully sorry when the bacon runs out, then. :bacon::bacon:

(Brennan) #28

not to get more bacon!
not to get more bacon!

@OldDoug um… We need to talk about your wife. She’s a wonderful, beautiful (I imagine) person. But… Lol

(Full Metal KETO AF) #29

What do you do, throw the bacon grease away? Keto Sacrilege

(Full Metal KETO AF) #30

Coconut oil
EVOO
Butter
Avocado oil
Palm oil
Sesame oil
BACON GREASE
HWC
Various cheeses
Occasionally sour cream

I like chicken schmaltz but never have any on account of eating all the skin!

(Doug) #31

Ouch. David - you are right. :blush:

I was home for two weeks over Christmas and the New Year, had gotten a boneless pork loin and made most of it into chops, with the remainder being a pork roast. Sous vide cooked all of them and gradually ate it up - searing or just warming up already-seared stuff in a pan holding the fat from cooking a bunch of bacon. In the end, there wasn’t much left…

(Deborah ) #32

:astonished::astonished::astonished:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #33

Yea right, I saw that 18” pile of bacon cooked off in your kitchen :wink::grin:

(Running from stupidity) #34

I threw some bacon grease away a few days ago. I use it a LOT, for cooking a LOT of things, but we still accumulate it faster than we can use it.

I also threw away a big lot of lard that I completely killed deep-frying some crumbed egg yolks.

(Rosemary Easter) #35

Olive oil, butter, tallow and coconut oil.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #36

Sure I throw away surplus or just to keep it fresher. And if I fried chicken in it. But egg yolks? :crazy_face:That’s quite the culinary adventure.