How many eggs do you eat?

eggs

(Doug) #41

(Laurie) #42

Yes, they lay eggs, but he would be lackadaisical about ā€œpickingā€ them daily. I donā€™t want eggs that a hen has been sitting on for 2 or 3 days, and I am not interested in going and getting them myself. If I did get them, Iā€™d wash them, and heā€™d tell me you arenā€™t supposed to wash them, and Iā€™d say fine, you donā€™t have to wash the ones that YOU get. Now you know more about our relationship than you ever wanted to know!

@OldDoug, yes, thatā€™s the idea. They scratch up the ground so you donā€™t need to do so much hoeing, etc. They also provide manure.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #43

:rofl::rofl:

(Laurie) #44

I have bad knees, so he does all the errands, and Iā€™m very grateful. Iā€™m not going to make a fuss about a few eggs.

(Brian) #45

DANG!!! I need to get me one of these!! :smiley:

(Katie) #46

(Jenny) #47

(Sheri Knauer) #48

Id say about 12 per week, sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less. I get my eggs from a neighbor who has chickens with names like Waffles, Poodles, Miss Peach, Little Peanut. She delivers the eggs to me at my house and usually has one of the chickens and her dogs in the car with her!

(Running from stupidity) #49

Does she write on each egg which chicken itā€™s from?

(Sheri Knauer) #50

Lol. That would be something! Ive been to her farm and met her chickens. Each one has an amusing name!

(Doug) #51

About 40 per week