How far will you walk tonight?

(Michelle isaacson) #142

Sunday in Nebraska at the XC meet

(Adriana) #143

I was walking to work this morning, “freezing” at 12°C… this puts things in perspective. :sweat_smile:

(Michelle isaacson) #144

It was really chilly…0 Celsius (32F) with wind gusts and ice pellet snow! Fun times!!! :snowflake:

Nearly 8 miles on Wednesday night. I saw this toad as I was finishing up…

(Pete A) #146

Three Ridges AT off the Blue Ridge Parkway in Nelson County, VA

(Adriana) #147

:hushed: ohhh! the texture of the skin, amazing pic

(Adriana) #148

what a view! :heart_eyes:

9.75 miles on Friday morning. Below is a view from the Delsie Trail in McDowell Mountain Regional Park; I call it, “Four Saguaros, Four Peaks.”

6.4 miles on Monday Night; this is a view of the Superstitions (and Goldfields too, I think) from the Scenic Trail in McDowell Mountain Regional Park. Weaver’s Needle is on the far left and the Flatiron can be seen center right.

(Erica L Wauchek) #151

I am currently walking to and from work and at lunch. I get in about 5 miles a day. I didn’t exercise for the first 4 months on Keto, then I just spontaneously FELT like walking and exercising. I have never felt like that before. I’ve been on KETO for 6 months and have lost 52 pounds! The problem now is that it is getting too cold to walk in the morning and I don’t have a treadmill at home.

(KetoQ) #152

Hi Erica –

I live in the Chicago suburbs, and like you, don’t have much time left for long walks. Plus, there’s not much daylight left, if any at all, when I get home. A few things you might consider

1. Join a Planet Fitness for $10/mo.

2. I invested in a bike trainer ($70) I attached my bike to and ride stationary.

3. Another option that I’m going to do in place of my morning walks are body weight squats. Its both a great strength training as well as cardio workout. I’m actually most excited about this because I think I can really grow my quads.

Good luck.

7.6 miles on Wednesday night. I saw this Datura near the beginning of the Scenic Trail well after sunset. I used my headlamp and flashlight for lighting.

(Cynthia Anderson) #154

Well it’s not much. I don’t walk alot. I prefer to hike.

I hiked 3 miles Sunday afternoon after being relatively inactive for months.

(Cynthia Anderson) #155

It was also my first keto hike. The last mile was hard but felt fine afterwards.

(Running from stupidity) #156

Walked to the ADHD psych yesterday (about 10km all up), and say this at Rod Laver Arena (Aussie open coming up soon!)

I wonder how long it’ll be before someone complains that it’s gender stereotyping?

10.4 miles on Friday (morning into afternoon). Also of note is the fact that we got in over 3100 feet of total ascent on that hike.

Below is a photo of Tom’s Thumb from the Tom’s Thumb Trail as we started descending towards the Scottsdale side of the mountain.

Back in my younger days, I climbed the southeast corner (left corner in this photo) of Tom’s Thumb - the climb is named Treiber’s Deception, and has a difficulty rating of 5.7. The thing I remember most vividly about that climb is finding a very weathered bolt on one of the sections. The bolt appeared to have originally been a 1/4" bolt (standard these days is 3/8"), but the hanger had spun in the wind for years and years and had worn the bolt away to less than half of it’s original diameter. I didn’t think that that skinny and rusty bolt would hold a fall, but I clipped it anyway. There was a very thin crack just above the bolt. I took the smallest chock I had and wedged it into the crack. I didn’t have much hope of it holding a fall either, but had hopes that it might reduce the shock on the bolt. Thankfully, I didn’t have to find out whether it would hold or not!

9.4 miles on Sunday… My wife and I did a hike at Usery Mountain Regional Park. Below is a photo of Pass Mountain from the Pass Mountain Trail. Usery Mountain, after which the park is named, is actually across the road (Bush Highway) behind the shooting range. The area around Pass Mountain has one of the largest concentrations of saguaros that I’m aware of.

Here’s a link to other photos from that hike. It was difficult to choose just one to post here…

https://buettner.to/blog/index.php/2018/10/28/sunday-hike-pass-mountain-bulldog-pass-loop/

(KetoQ) #159

Kevin –

You mean you couldn’t find a shot of that Datura with a rare North American Black Panther cuddled up with her newborn kittens just off to the side, munching on some dinosaur eggs, with a star bursting sunset in the background? :slight_smile:

As always great work …

wdit

I enjoyed your slide show. You got some really impressive shots!

I’m not a professional photographer. I try to take a photo or two (or more) each time I go out to try to improve my technique. Some of my hiking is with a group; when I hike with others, I don’t have a lot of time to spend on photography.