How far will you walk tonight?

(Pete A) #122

Walking (or hiking or skipping) is a natural way to get and stay fit, physically, mentally, spiritually. Keto on steroids!

Rockfish Valley at dawn, as viewed from Rt 250, Afton, VA, at Shenandoah National Park:

11.3 miles on Friday morning. It was “wash day” - we hiked a bunch of washes on Friday. We were able to make our way down to the wash in photo below.

Also, on Wednesday, I did a walk of unknown length at Niagara Falls:

(Adriana) #124

Love the second picture! :heart_eyes:

(Adriana) #125

I live in a big city and today I had the opportunity of traveling to a forest an hour away to help plant trees, we walked a lot (9.5km) and planted 1,000 trees.

8.9 miles on Sunday. This is a view from the Saddle Mountain Trail in the Mazatzal Wilderness:

(Pete A) #127

Just got back from climbing up and down Humpback Mountain off the Blue Ridge Parkway, here, looking at Wintergreen Va.

(KetoQ) #128

Pete –

I think I know that exact spot! I used to live in C’ville in 89/90 and used to hike up Humpback on a regular basis. Sure is beautiful country.

(KetoQ) #129

Kevin –

The AZ Dept of Tourism should do a PR campaign featuring you. Love your photos.

Q

(Pete A) #130

I lost 75 pounds hiking these mountains hahaa this is actually starting out at the Humpback Picnic Area, south of the more popular “rocks”. Good times! :joy:

(Michelle isaacson) #131

And Yes, Nebraska is…Well…Flat!

(Pete A) #132

I love a long straightaway! :grin:

10 miles on Wednesday evening. This is one of the washes that I crossed while hiking the Escondido Trail in McDowell Mountain Regional Park.

(KetoQ) #134

Wow, that is beautiful. I do landscape painting and this one is certainly an inspiration. What I especially like are the red rocks in the foreground and the light that catches them, as well as the sky and the cloud formation. Nice composition as well … you certainly know what you’re doing. Needless to say, keep them coming, I really enjoy them.

6.4 miles on Wednesday night. This is Red Mountain (which is shown on maps as Mount McDowell, but no one that I know calls it that):

I also hiked nearly a mile on Tuesday while carrying about 40 lbs of climbing gear. That hike, plus the climbing made me far more tired than the ostensibly longer hike on Wednesday.

(Doug) #136

Glorious time of day, Kevin.

11.8 miles on Friday morning. Below is a photo looking toward the Superstitions (on the left) from the parking area where we started our hike. As is evident from the photo, it was a very cloudy morning. We got some light rain midway through the hike.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #138

Gorgeous!

(Michelle isaacson) #139

5 hours at the pumpkin patch :jack_o_lantern:

6.4 miles on Monday night. Below is a view of Four Peaks from near the start of the Escondido Trail in McDowell Mountain Regional Park.

(Running from stupidity) #141

On a short holiday in Launceston, Tasmania, and these are the main gates at the local footy ground. About 18K steps for the day.

Who wouldn’t want to go here?