How far will you walk tonight?

It is not a contest, just get out and move.

I know i’ll walk about 5 miles tonight after work.

(Pete A) #2

I have an hour “scheduled” before lunch. It’s only a couple of miles, but a good leg stretcher. There will be other activity through the day.

I have a “walk date” with a coworker, usually 15 to 20 minutes around the local industrial park - beautiful weather right now in Montana!

(Allie) #4

I walk before work and on my lunch breaks, about 8 or 9 miles a day total.
Evenings are for gym.

(charlie3) #5

I walk around my shop floor during work and walk continuously during lunch and breaks. A step counter says I’m covering 5-6 miles a day 5 days a week. (It appears I’m buring about 85 calories per mile which adds a lot to my paltry 1400 calorie, age adjusted BMI.)

Since I started a few other employees are walking.

(Terence Dean) #6

Walking 1.2km @3.6km/h in 20 minutes on a treadmill twice a day.
treadmill_01 :wink:

Can’t find time to exercise
(Empress of the Unexpected) #7

2.5 miles each morning and evening. And have an active on-my-feet job during the day.

I think I’m climbing tonight, so there won’t be much walking. But last night… I did a 6.5 mile hike carrying a 22 lb pack.

9.7 miles on Friday morning, mostly through desert washes…

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #10

I get my steps through the day.
12-15K on weekdays. Goal today is 50 flights of stairs.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #11

Gorgeous picture!

(linda) #12

Stunning sky!
Thank you for posting this delight of nature.

(Pete A) #13

About to start a 1.5 hour AT hike.

(Aimee Moisa) #16

That’s the one and only thing (I lie) about my preferred form of exercise, which I am going to start up again tonight. I love swimming but I don’t like how boring just looking at the bottom of a pool can be sometimes. (The other thing I don’t like is getting into a swim suit, and then getting out of a wet swim suit. BLECH. I sure do miss living in a nudist resort!)

Most of the time I love the peace you get during swimming, nothing to look at but the bottom of the pool, the sound of the sloshing water and your breath and your heartbeat in your ears. I even like hearing the vague sounds of other people talking, swimming, laughing, and any music the pool facility plays. But after a few laps or a few days of laps or a few weeks of a few days of laps the peace becomes boredom and I lose motivation. I’ve learned that’s when I want to push myself one or two more laps 'cause then I get better and improving is a natural motivator.

I haven’t been swimming since last September. I’m about 40 pounds up from then, I don’t think I even fit in my suit, but I don’t care. Even if I’m hanging out all over the place tonight I’m going to go sign up again at the ONLY gym with a pool in my area and go every night. Now that Emma’s out of school and she’s going to work with her father I have my early evenings to myself. :slight_smile:

Rock on!

I did 2.6 miles tonight on wet sidewalks, so I suspect that I burned more calories due to slippage… really, I believe that,…

(Aimee Moisa) #19

I signed up at the gym after work and got 7 or 8 round-trip laps in on my first day. It only gets better from here. :slight_smile:

Beautiful pic! Are you in AZ?