How do you measure the fat content when you roast pork with oil?

(Alex Robinson) #1

Hi all im new joined today, in AU, im preparing myself to begin this week, got a keto app to keep me on the straight and narrow.

I have a fairly good idea with counting calories etc and that app will certainly make it easier about the only thing and ive searched here for a few hours today is this…when cooking your steak in lard or as i am planning on doing a pork roast in oil…how in the hell do you estimate how much fat i will be eating from the amount of oil or lard you cook it in? The oil or lard wont be all taken into the meat thesis my delima…how do i work it out?

I am starting with a 21 day rest to ease into keto i expect a few slip up along the way and fairly confident once the 3 weeks are up i will have a decent handle on it all…buit of course im bound to have a few questions from time to time…

(Raj Seth) #2

Don’t bother working it out😀. Just minimize carbs and have fatty meats and lots and lots of fat. It will be fine.

Oh yeah! Ditch the calorie counting expertise too😀

Everything will work out

KCKO

(Allie) #3

I don’t.

(bulkbiker) #4

What oil are you thinking of using? I usually just roast the pork without any oil…

(Alex Robinson) #5

in the past just ur basic olive oil this time thinking of peanut oil…

(Raj Seth) #6

Try tallow. Super Easy and cheep to make. $$$ to buy

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #7

I generally do not count cooking oil, unless I do a pour over at the end or build a sauce out of any fond in the pan. In that case, I count whatever I used.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

For me, the great thing about a ketogenic diet is not needing to count macros. I just keep my carbs under 10 g, eat a modest amount of protein, and then fat to satiety. Since the body knows how much energy it needs and I don’t, I figure it makes sense to let it tell me! :bacon:

You don’t, that’s just being to anal. If you wanna give a guess to what you KNOW you’ll eat you can, but no need to be that precise.