How do I carefully break a 5-day "fat" fast?

(Bansaw) #1

I’m on my 5th day of a 5-day fat fast. I.e I’m only having some coffee with cream in, and some bone broth every day, with the odd nibble of a celery stick now and then.

I’ve done extended water fasts in the past, but this is my 1st fat fast.

Any tips on carefully breaking this fast tomorrow morning ?

(Michael) #2

At 5 days, unless you started severely malnourished, should not have any issues refeeding as you wish. Since you were eating bone broth, you have nothing to worry about. Eat as you wish imho.

(Bob M) #3

I think I’d call that a normal fast. Usually, a “fat fast” is a misnomer, as it’s just eating fat and not really a “fast”. It’s like a PSMF (protein-sparing modified fast), which is just high protein, low calorie, and not a fast.

It can be wise to gently reenter, such as maybe having an egg or something small, then a larger meal a bit later (an hour?) then a normal meal even later. I have a smaller “meal” then a larger one not too long after can be more beneficial than just eating a normal meal.

That’s not a fat fast, but when I used to fast, I’ve always just ate a normal, but not large meal. Never had an issue, used to do 7days all the time.