How come I seem to be getting flabbier on the Feldman protocol

fathead
fat
fasting

(The Lowkster) #1

I was on a fat fast when I came across the Feldman protocol and I thought what a good way to put the protocol to test and promptly added more fat into my diet. Both time trying this, I seem to be getting flabbier and true enough weight seems to climb back up until I go strict 36 hours fast on myself again. My question is, Feldman does not go much into it, but how is fat composition and weight effected when you follow his protocol ?

Is the logic like this ? Since I am taking too much fat, so the body has no need to burn off my stored fat and in turn stores some of it. Most of the fat I am taking are like coconut oil, heavy cream and butter. The other question or doubt I have is this, I can understand that if I fast why my cholesterol numbers would be bad since the body is pulling out the fat from stored fat and burning it so it hangs around the blood longer, but what about those people who ace their conventional cholesterol tests and are vegan ? Since they don’t take much fat, how come their cholesterol levels are not above the roof ?

(sue) #2

I think you may have a poor understanding of what the Feldman protocol is. I think it is really just a tool to demonstrate the dynamic nature of blood lipid markers, not a protocol for weight loss or fat loss by any means!

(The Lowkster) #3

Yeah perhaps, still the same out of curiosity has anyone noted weight gain or fat gain when on the protocol. Also, how to make sense of the people who take very low levels of fat yet their cholesterol remain very low ?

(Consensus is Politics) #4

I had never heard of this before now, so I went and looked it up. I have heard of it after all, just not by name. I have heard of doing something to skew the results of blood tests. To be honest, I don’t see the point in skewing results, unless maybe you had a bet with your doctor that you could prove to him that high fat diets don’t do what he thinks they do. Ok, that would make it worth doing😎.

So I read up on the protocol. I don’t see anything in the protocol concerning weight gain or loss. It’s inconsequential for the end results of skewing the lipids Test. If you are wondering why you gained weight during part of the protocol, what time frames were you eating? Just one meal a day? Or several times throughout the day? Could you be spiking insulin throughout the day, keeping fat stores closed for use?

(The Lowkster) #5

I was on a fat fast eating only butter and cream, so unsure if there was an Insulin spike or not.

(Consensus is Politics) #6

Insulin will get triggered by food in the stomach. It will be lower with fat than with carbs, but still gets released.

(The Lowkster) #7

Right. I guess that’s why the fat fast limits the calories to 1000 ? To minimize the effects of Insulin ? I guess I just read between the lines and made my own conclusions that with the Feldman protocol you can eat much fat and still loose weight.

(Holly Easterling) #8

I have heard of folks attempting to skew the results to pay lower premiums on (or just be able to get) insurance.

It’s more of a way to push down cholesterol levels FAST, not a diet by itself as the results are temporary. It’s more about proving (or disproving) the current way of thinking when it comes to cholesterol. I did it last year to shut up my wifes ins company because they complained the year before. Worked great!

(Candy Lind) #10

:laughing: LOVE IT. I may just do this the next time I have to do a blood test.

(Kathy L) #11

So, how’d you do it? Eat 3 meals per day for 3 days before? Eat tons more fat than normal? Graze all day? Stay under 20 carbs?