How am I doing?

(Melissa) #1

Two full days in…any advice? Am I doing ok?
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/Mb0325

(Joseph) #2

Looks good. Have you calculated what your protein intake should be? Carbs and Fat look good.

(Siobhan) #3

Hi! Welcome, it looks like you seem to be adding more protein than fat on average - you may want to up fat intake if you find yourself getting hungry between meals.
Protein you may want to reduce a little bit depending on your lean body mass (recommended is 1/2g - 1.5g per kg of lean body mass).
Other than that looks like you are doing good so far.

(Melissa) #4

Yes, I think I need to work on keeping the protein a little lower. Every calculator gives me something different but right now I’m going with 20 carbs, 76 protein and 112 fat which is roughly 5%, 20% and 75%.

I’m struggling a bit with the fat and how to add more.

(Melissa) #6

Yes, I have. Every calculator gives me something different but right now I’m going with 20 carbs, 76 protein and 112 fat which is roughly 5%, 20% and 75%.

(Jeffry Lauder) #7

I like to add cream and butter to practically everything. Olive oil and coconut oil are also excellent sources of additional fat. I wouldn’t worry too much while you’re getting used to the diet change, but as previously mentioned, upping the fat and lowering proton will really help you feel full.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #8

And upping the fat, especially now during your body’s adaptation, will give your body the message that fat is the primary fuel offered now. It will help your adaptation.
Easy fatty very low carb moderate protein ideas:
Hollandaise sauce (put on meat or veggies, hell I spoon it into my piehole on its own), hard cheese with butter spread on like a cracker topping (this was @TomSeest’s trick), chocolate mousse, brie cheese (try triple cream!). I put liquid heavy cream in my coffee often.
Recipes for hollandaise and chocolate mousse found HERE:

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/c/food/recipes-recipes-recipes

(Siobhan) #9

I made a post about some recipes that have high fat to protein ratios right here:

That might give you some good examples! I highly recommend the jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon! lol!

(Sheri Knauer) #10

My favorite thing to do to add fat is, no matter what I’m eating for dinner, I pour some warm, melted ghee all over it. Super yum!