Hot dogs / brats

(Ashley) #1

I just got my dad a grill for a birthday gift, I’m just wondering when I have bbqs with the family, what’s your go to hot dogs and brats? Also would like nutritional value on your guys choices if available! I primarily shop at Walmart, Aldis, and meijer (Michigan)

(LeeAnn Brooks) #2

I just got these at meijer to go in a rutabaga hash recipe. Only 1 carb per link and 75% fat.

image|375x500

(LeeAnn Brooks) #3

Here’s the front of the package.

(Ashley) #4

Awesome thank you! I will have to check them out, I got the johnsonville from Walmart but wanted to find an alternative because their 3-4 net carbs.

(Jay AM) #5

I like Aidell’s brand. Most sausages should be low carb, you’ll just have to check packages because one brand could have different flavors with higher carb counts.

(Ashley) #6

Most i found were 3-4 carbs which aren’t bad I just try to find as low as possible

(Sheri Knauer) #7

My favorite brand of hot dogs/sausages/brats is Teton Waters. https://www.tetonwatersranch.com They are pricey but worth it because the ingredients are good and they taste really good. I get mine from costco and can buy a package of 12 for a little over $14.00. I can’t be sure if they are sold at the stores you listed above though. I know my Giant and Harris Teeter stores carry smaller packages of them.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #8

Seconding Aidell’s Andouille. Many of the others are chicken sausage. This country is a bit insane thanks to McGovern, Keys, Pritikin and more.

Also, not sure if these are for sale in Michigan, but they are tasty and probably have special keto appeal, as BACON sausage:

Seconding the Teton Waters recommendation. Really good company too.

(Ashley) #10

I will keep an eye out for them! Thank you :slight_smile:

(Ashley) #11

Them look so good :frowning:

I experimented with some.
And they were delicious!

(Ashley) #13

Just watched it, totally neat to see, where did you get that brand? Never seen it before.

from Giant
loved it!

(Ashley) #15

Never heard of that, we must not have that around here

(FRANK) #16

Hebrew National All beef hot Dogs
Johnsonville Bratwurst