Honest To God Chicharones!

(Sophie) #1

I made a slight detour out in the blurbs this afternoon! I haven’t been to this Carniceria since Keto, so thought I’d swing by and pick up some beef fajitas. I got hooked on these up in Chicago and fajitas ready mixed are always outstanding. If you get a chance find one!

Anyways…I totally forgot about the Chicharones until I saw them under the heat lamp!

It was still warm and I don’t know what part was the best…the skin, the fat that was dripping from it or the actual meat! :yum:

Interesting - American Pigs too lean
Fat bombs that are not sweet
(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #2

Dang!!! where do you live? I have never seen those like that here in Oklahoma.

(Tim) #3

I love these. There’s a grocery named Chavez Market in the Bay Area that sells these, with and without the meat. Admittedly, they can be hit and miss, depending on how long they’ve been sitting there, but even at their worst, they’re better than any non-keto snack I can think of. My go to snack any time I get a craving for potato chips and need to get my crunch on.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #4

Damn, just when I thought I’d beaten envy. (shakes fist at JustPeachy)

(Sophie) #5

Just smackin the oil from the last of my Chicharone and had a mini-break-through! I just realized that I’ve always had a natural affinity for anything served out of a brown paper bag with grease stains on it. (Yes, I’m a Southerner) :yum:

(Jan) #6

I get those from a tiny Mexican grocery store. Would never have known it was there if my clothes dryer hadn’t broke down - it’s right next door to the coin laundry. I am very grateful for broken dryers! Sometimes I sprinkle on a bit of chipotle powder…mmmmmmm…