Fat bombs that are not sweet

(jim Chiodo) #1

Are there “fat bombs” that are not sweet? I’ve tried the strawberry / cream cheese things and they are great. However, I’m having trouble getting enough fat in my diet. Most of the fat I eat is animal based and i end up with too much protein. I found a site with basic fat bomb ideas but every recipe I find is for some kind of desert think.

My eggs are always cooked in butter, i add butter to a lot of things but not coffee simply because i don’t drink coffee. I drink hot tea once in a while but mostly i drink water or i mix up some Crystal light orange flavor. I’ve tried the frazzled ground beef swimming in butter and it’s great. I don’t like avaocados! or quacomole, etc!. I fry veggies and other things in olive oil.

A couple times a week i fry a “pancake” of cheddar cheese for something crisp. I’ll fry a few eggs and put them on top.

If not on Keto, I’d be be eating all kinds of junk food including Italian or French bread, toast with PB&J or a bagel with cream cheese. Of course, there would always been pretzel, chips, crackers, etc, none of which passes my lips since on Keto. If i go to the fridge right now for a snack, I might find left over chicken, beef, ham, turkey, lunch meat, various cheeses, etc. I’ll even eat a cold hot dog which is pretty much the same as baloney.

Sweets are ok once in a while but i’ve always been a meat and potatoes guy and yeah, being Italian, pasta was a freequent meal.

Other than snacking on cold bacon grease what fat bombs are there which aren’t sweet?

(Allie) #2

I have this book -

https://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Savory-Fat-Bombs-Delicious/dp/1592337287

(Bunny) #3

(not for the faint of heart, I use these for intermittent fasting and dropped 100 pounds! You can modify the amounts! This is just example so you get the idea!)

KETO FAT BOMB RECIPE:

Unsweetened coco powder (2 Tbs.)
MCT oil (1/2 Cup)
Pure coconut fat (half cup)
Unfortified nutritional yeast (1 Tsp.)
Wheat grass powder (1 Tbs.)
Unsweetened coconut flakes (1 Cup)
Ground sunflower seeds (1 Cup)
Ground chia seeds (1 Tbs.)
block chain amino acids (BCAA) [very little; beware of insulin spike] (1/2 Tsp.)
L-Arginine (1 Full Dropper or 2 Pills)
L-Lysine (1 Full Dropper or 2 Pills)
L-Carnitine (1 Full Dropper or 2 Pills)
Glutamine (2 Pills)
Garcinia Cambogia (1 Full Dropper or 2 pills)
Half and Half Cream (2 Tsp.)
Coffee Bean Extract (2 Pills)
Chromium (2 pills)
Knox Unflavored Powdered Gelatin (1/2 packet)
Strawberry extract (1 Tsp.)
Pink Himalayan Sea Salt (84 trace minerals) (a couple of grinds)
Brewers Yeast (1 Tbs.) (toast in frying pan or oven; you want to inactivate or kill the yeast)
Niacin Pills (2 pills)
Artificial Sweetener (2 packets or if liquid a few squirts) [preferably Stevia to avoid insulin spiking]

Hot Filtered Water (to melt powdered ingredients)

PILLS & LIQUIDS:
Grind pills with apothecary mortar & pestle, unless ingredients are liquid. Put in bakery candy mold (from baking store) and place in freezer. Transfer from shaping mold to freezer baggy.

Silicone or Plastic Mold for Shaping & Freezing

Chocolate addiction

I make the “sweet” fat bomb recipes but I leave out the sweeteners. It isn’t too hard to wean yourself off of all sweet things after awhile and it’s very liberating. As for savory fat bombs, you could try some variation of sous vide egg bites perhaps?

(Vicki Stroud) #5

check pinterest I have seen some for savory fat bombs

Very simple things to do that I have been eating for years and are very useful to get a high lipid to protein ratio:

• avocado salad with vinaigrette (olive oil + wine vinegar + French mustard + salt + pepper).
  • stuffed eggs (fill with home-made mayo + tuna if you want).
  • stuffed avocados (fill the same kind of things).
  • goat chese cubes marinated in olive oil and herbs.
    Only the last one is a snack though, but I tend not to snack anyway.

When away and I don’t have much choice to what I’m being served, I’ll basicly put some butter on cheese slices, roll them, and cut them in 4/5 pieces, good to add to a green salad + olive oil. (Here olive oil is a given how fortunate!) I prefer that with smoked salmon with cream cheese inside though :wink:

(Vicki Stroud) #7

OH MY the goat cheese cubes marinated in olive oil and herbs I first found at Whole Foods, I was in heaven. They were by Meredith Dairy, so, my husband and I were taking the motorcycles to Lake Winnepesauke (NH) not a far ride and we were planning on going past Meredith (NH) so, I said, I am going to look up their address see if they sell direct to the public. So, I get on my computer and low and behold Meredith Dairy that makes the most wonderful marinated Goat Cheese Cubes is in Australia. Sigh we were not prepared to take the Harley’s that far. :joy:

(Sophie) #8

I go to the Mexican Meat Market and get these… https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/honest-to-god-chicharones/20397

(Mike W.) #9

Remove butter from fridge. Eat.

(Jack Brien) #10

Cheese, olives, chorizo sausage, butter, double cream. I’ve eaten all of these today as ‘fat bombs’. The double cream was deliciously guilty :slight_smile:

(kirstin) #11

These are pretty good. I think the same website has egg and bacon fat bombs and a sardine one, but Avocado is my favorite.

(Cailyn Mc Cauley) #12

I don’t like sweets either.

I mix
4 oz cream cheese
2 oz butter
1/4 c heavy cream
1/2 c parmesan cheese shredded
1/4 Fresh lemon squeezed

Mix all together and use as a dip.
Also, microwave for 45 seconds and pour over Pork Rinds (my version of Pork Rind Nachos without the Mexican seasoned ground beef!)

~Class of 2017 KCKO
:raised_hands:t2::star2:

(Dan Dan) #13

Tuna salad cheese slice sandwich :yum::heart_eyes:
( your favorite tuna salad spread between two slices of your favorite cheese)

Liver and grilled onion salad cheese slice sandwich :yum::heart_eyes:
( Diced Liver, grilled onion, hard boiled Egg and Mayo and mustard spread between two slices of your favorite cheese)

up the fat add avocado :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

cut into 4 for mini fat bombs :smiley:

refrigerates well for 3-5 days at 40º or below in airtight containers. :yum::smiley:

(Pete A) #14

You no likey?

(Pete A) #15

Beautiful!

(karen) #16

Just querying this, trying to get some savory fat bomb ideas, it came to me - we ate out at a fancy restaurant the other night and they served two “butters” with the meal. one was a champagne butter and the other was a bacon cheddar butter with little bits of chive in it. I didn’t eat the bread, just nibbled at the butter, and it was delicious (if I’d been at home I would have just eaten a melon ball of it like a chocolate.) This wouldn’t be a very portable fat bomb but it did wonders for elevating butter to a snack food!