Homemade almond butter?

(Deb) #1

Has anyone ever made this? The store variety has too much sugar so I want to make my own.

Almonds and a food processor or blender, super easy

(Deb) #3

Can you add a little melted butter to make it smoother? I don’t want to use oil.

Sure but it isn’t necessary, the nuts have oil

(Michelle) #5

I would recommend soaking them in salted water for 12 hours and then dehydrating them (very low in the oven) for about 2 or 3 hours. Then blend them up in food processor or vitamix. you will still have to scrape down the sides to get the consistency and amount right.

Yeah just blitz nuts! I have done it with peanuts and wanted to up the fat ratio so loaded it with butter and coconut oil - I used the same weight again in the fats. So half nuts, half fat.

(Deb) #7

Coconut oil! I have that! Thank you all!

(Georgia) #8

https://www.ketoconnect.net/recipe/homemade-almond-butter/

The folks at Keto Connect did a Youtube video recently on making almond butter. The link is to their website with the recipe.

(Brigette ) #9

What about roasting the almonds first and then putting them in the food processor?

(Damon Chance) #10

Coconut oil is great because if you store it in the fridge it will set up and the consistency will be very smooth.

I always roast first, adds flavor and they blend better

(Deb) #12

It didn’t turn out very creamy at all…very crumbly, and I added lots of oil and butter! Will watch video next time!
Of course, it still tasted good! Just more texture…and half the price.