Holy sheezeballs folks, stay away from all large keto subreddits on reddit

As far as I know, that “crapload of protein” is the standard guesstimate of what the protein macro is. But better more than less. That is, the protein macro is a lower limit, while fats, carbs, and calories are all upper limits.

You’re correct that the main Reddit keto group is driven mostly by people trying to lose weight. So, yes, those of us trying to lose weight limit fat. I’ve only lost 180 pounds so far.

One of my mantras is “Eat when hungry. Stop when full. Mostly meat.”

My common advice is don’t eat fat just for the sake of meeting some guesstimate of a macro. Eat it if you’re hungry. You don’t need to ingest more fat if you’re not hungry. The body is using stored body fat.

CICO still rules the roost. I can’t lose weight if I eat 20 net carbs and 1000 grams of fat per day. I could if I let myself, because I love bacon, sausage, cheese, and butter. I used to joke I could turn a 60-calorie veggie side dish into a 700-calorie one by adding just a little butter and cheese.

and 8 chan is even worse! But to be fair, plenty of good sub’s over there. Just not /r/keto most of the time.

(Chris) #44

/r/ketoscience /r/zerocarb are pretty decent still

/r/keto and /r/ketogains are garbage, run by garbage

/r/fitness, /r/weightroom /r/bodybuilding are great so long as you’re open-minded and don’t read too much into diet info

Calories definitely matter, but usually not in the same context for everyone.

(Chris) #45

And then there’s r/waterfasting, the collection of people who are on the verge of eating disorder, moderated by me (so fucking happy I took this over)

(Running from stupidity) #46

As is “Cortisol Spike.”

Ha ha, I’m born around that time.

The funny thing is at work all these colleagues will have lunch at a round table, not one of them talking to another, all of them on their smart phones. If I do that, please shoot me.

(Running from stupidity) #48

Yep. Much smarter to eat at your desk with a proper PC to use, far more efficient.

(MooBoom) #49

Ah you poor bugger that sounds heavy.

Totally agree with your summary- it was r/keto and r/ketogains which I took issue with!

(Running from stupidity) #50

r/ketoaustralia should be renamed to r/iwanttosayimdoingketosowhatistheleasticandowhilestillusingthatterm

It’s an abysmal place.

Frankly any reddit where a large percentage of the men use the term “females” can just be safely assumed to be garbage land.

(Chris) #52

Can you explain what you mean?

Men who use “females” in place of “women” are always red pill incel MRA types. Best case scenario it’s just a loser who can’t find dates despite being such a Nice Guy. Worst case, it’s straight up wyte supremacist territory.

(Chris) #54

Ok, I get that. Just weird that they’ve already appropriated the term. I guess I’ll just refer to every human that isn’t me as “them” so I don’t ruffle any feathers or get mistaken for a redpiller. lmao

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #55

Can you tell me where I can find data on that, please? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I feel your pain, sister! So much for science, huh? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

That’s a great idea! Do you know an easy way to start thinking? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

So is Insulin and the Cortisol Spikes! :grin:

Nope. It’ll never catch on. Too easy, and makes too much sense. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I stopped taking keto reddits seriously when the consensus became “halo ice cream is keto but yogurt and carrots aren’t.” :wink:

closed #63