Holy sheezeballs folks, stay away from all large keto subreddits on reddit

(MooBoom) #1

I have never encountered such a bunch of fat phobic bro-dudes in my life.

Stay here, where science rules and minds are open!

(Doug) #2

:smile: So, so true.

A lot of the misinformation doing the rounds can be traced back to reddit :exploding_head:

The only thing keeping Reddit from being the sphincter of the Internet is that 4chan exists.

(Running from stupidity) #5

:rofl:

Hey, and Facebook!

And 4Chan still isn’t the worst thing around.

(MooBoom) #6

But- it’s SCARY the stuff they are saying! Dangerous! They worship at the alter of CICO and want people to eat craploads of protein and limit fat- I mean- what the actual eff? It seems driven by a weight loss mentality, certainly not a well being mentality.

I need a shower after spending time there, seriously.

That’s where I started reading about keto before I found this forum. And all of the above was not sitting well with me the more I read. So I kept searching and, thankfully, found 2kd, which clarified a lot.

(Doug) #8

YouTube comments are in the running… :smile:

(Running from stupidity) #9

TBF, we do have some here who do that too. But not many, and they’re balanced by the ones who understand that energy-balance is what counts, not vanilla CICO.

It seems driven by a weight loss mentality, certainly not a well being mentality.

Plenty of that here, too, usually when people first arrive.

:+1::+1::+1:

(Jenny) #10

for any chicks reading, xxketo on reddit is awesome:)

I haven’t read a YouTube comment in ten years, I will take your word for it.

(MooBoom) #12

Thank you- I just subscribed :+1:

Totally different animal to be sure.

I drop by the science sub now & again but that’s about it.

I also eat higher protein but not based on their advice :grin:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #15

Don’t worry about what other people are doing. You do you. I ignore what is going on around me. I was raised on meat, cheese, vegetables and butter. And I’m 60. No margarine was in the house. I got ice cream twice a week, bread a couple of times a week. Some people have always known how to eat. In 1964 I recall my mother talking about “sugar diabetes” (duh!). You can’t save the world. They either have common sense or they don’t. KCKO.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #16

I’d have though YouTube was the worst . . . :question:

YouTube has some standards. With 4chan, from what I’ve heard the only thing you’re not allowed to do is make fun of Mr. Rogers, because even evil has at least one standard. Everything else is fair game. Sending epileptics into seizures on purpose? They’ve done it.

(Carl Keller) #18

YT comments push my sarcastic creativity like nothing else.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #19

That would be just sick! Far, far worse than strangling puppies, or hiding Grandma’s teeth just before she sits down to a steak dinner. Or even eating all the bacon before I have chance to! :grin:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #20

Why do you care what other people do? You do you. I was raised 50 years ago on meat, veggies, cheese and butter. Very few carbs. My family did not fall for the Ancel Keyes thing, they knew better. My best friend’s family did and became fat and diabetic. Don’t worry about other people.