Hollandaise Sauce

(Richard Morris) #1

These days my favourite way to add fat to a lean meat is through a sauce, and hollandaise works well with fish, ham, heck I might just try it on a steak.

(ryancrawcour) #2

For a steak, i make up a nice herb butter. Then take quenelle, “bread” in a ket-friendly flour. Freeze. Then cook your steak and just before serving, deep fry your herb butter. Place on steak. Serve.

Watch in delight as you cut open the quenelle of butter and the gooey herby buttery goodness covers your meat.

Omnomnomnomnomnomnom

(Richard Morris) #3

Oh damn. I must try that.

Deep fried butter.

Will wonders never cease.

(Michael Iafrato ) #4

A great dish is steak, topped with real crab meat and then topped with Hollandaise Sauce. Yummy!

(Paula) #5

Is it possible to make several servings of this in advance? I saw someone (non-keto) who reheated theirs in their Instant Pot (on steam to just warm it and it kept it moist instead of getting nasty like when you reheat in the microwave), and was thinking of doing this with a keto version, but am unsure if it would be wise. I have never made any before that wasn’t from a package (I know, that is bad). This seems more time intensive than I have in the morning, but I miss it super much.

Also, what recipe did you use for the biscuit in the picture above?

Thanks in advance for your time in replying.

(Ernest) #6

If you add a little xanthan gum you can reheat it without breaking the sauce. I reheat gently by sous vide.
If breaks slightly, just blend it again.

(Jennifer) #7

Look up steak Oscar - works on a nice fat medium burger as well. Yum!!

(Zoe ) #8

Wow! I just read the recipe and think I could actually make this. I thought it would be too hard. Just like making mayo just using melted butter for oil.