High Protein Modified "Keto + Fasting" muscle building with low fat

(Karim Wassef) #501

The moment passed and I survived it…

I remembered the horrible headaches and pain that sugar causes and I walked away…

Thank you for your solidarity in the face of evil! :smile:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #502

It’s one evil I definitely face.

(PJ) #503

The plate with all the long-tentacled sea bugs was particularly horrifying. :rofl:

Good for you resisting. :wink:

(Karim Wassef) #504

Shrimp? :joy:

That’s just what they look like with their shells

(Karim Wassef) #505

Last full day in paradise… the beach is flawless

If you don’t know… the Caribbean has been hit hard with sargassum seaweed that floated in from the sargassum sea and made a real mess. Seaweed flawless days are rare beauties…

(Karim Wassef) #506

Tomorrow (Thursday) we fly back to Dallas and Saturday is DEXA… this will help me assess the impact of clean feasting without lifting but being active.

I’m going to call this “BEACH” mode. :smile:

(Susan) #507

I am glad that you had such a lovely vacation with your wife and 2 little girls, and I really enjoyed all the beautiful scenery and nature pictures =).

(Karim Wassef) #508

Todays’s seafood meals so far

I felt the need to go more tentacley with octopus and eggy with more roe…

(PJ) #509

They are sea bugs. And sea slugs. And… :rofl: So are lobster!

That reminds me: when I moved here to the flat edge of the ozarks, I came into the kitchen just a few days in – still not much unpacked – and shrieked in horror. Ran into my dad as I ran from the kitchen. He said it sounded like someone was killing me. IT’S A SCORPION! IN THE KITCHEN! I shrieked again, running out the front door like the wimp I am about anything insect-like in any fashion.

I hear dad in the kitchen: OH FER GAWDSSAKES!

So apparently there are these things called crawdads. And they are exactly like lobsters except they come in real tiny and this one was about the size of a man’s hand. And apparently it was in my kitchen because on the other side of my neighbor is a runoff ditch, and they were being washed down it, and my teenage-boy cats of the time thought they were THE COOLEST THINGS EVER and dragged them into the house – the entry room for them being the kitchen, via the garage. Where they would let it go and it would frantically try to get away – sometimes missing a leg (or three) – and its toy-ness factor became exponential.

They brought me 13 crawdads that spring. I got good at picking them up (with an oven mitt not otherwise used) and carrying their squirming bodies outside and over to the runoff ditch, where I would drop them just before the under-street tunnel so the cats couldn’t re-get them.

I assume they told their family about their alien abduction.

This all would have been gross enough but my dad had to tell me about how when he was growing up here as a poor okie kid, the boys would catch buckets of these things and boil them and EAT THEM.

shivering in horror

PJ

PS that reminds me of the most horrifying depressing ‘outer limits’ episode ever, from the 90s series of it. Soldiers should never watch it. It involved horrible creatures they ate like that. :smiley: That show was such a good example of horror that is not slasher.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #510

I’m so mad you didn’t invite me. :triumph:

(Karim Wassef) #511

I love all seafood!!! No bugs… seeeeefoooood

(Karim Wassef) #512

To Cancun?? I’ve been prepping this for two years… :smiley:

(Karim Wassef) #513

Dinner … shrimp and fish ceviche followed by more shrimp…

When you were heavier, you might have had this muscle mass because of this wheight. You just needed it to carry your own fat around.
That may lead to the effect, that you, as a slim Person, need to exercise much more to build that amount of muscles, than you needed as a heavy Person.

Maybe more protein is not the key…:thinking:

(Karim Wassef) #515

That may be partially the case…

But I’ve considered & used weight vests to compensate. It works the legs a bit more but it didn’t really help build much more

I might try it again.

(Karim Wassef) #516

Last morning in paradise… :smile:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #517

Hope it was a rejuvenating vacation, homes!

(Karim Wassef) #518

It was fun.

I used to enjoy it for the fish and coral snorkeling but now I enjoy the kiddos frolicking even more…

Something about those naughty chuckles and laughs… so much fun with so little to work with…

I did lose hearing in one ear as my littlest screamed like a banshee an inch away from it when a wave got her.

(Karim Wassef) #519

as soon as I got home, my glucose dropped to mid 70s… ??

my theory is that it’s the copious amounts of ACV I drink at home. I had little bottles on the trip but it’s a fraction of my norm.

I gained a total of 6 lbs after two weeks of three meals a day keto/carni…

total mass: 175.8 lbs to 181.8 lbs = +6.0 lbs
lean mass: 138.5 lbs to 140.9 lbs = +2.4 lbs
fat mass: 37.3 lbs to 40.9 lbs = +3.6 lbs

So I can gain fat pretty easily too… but that took me from 21.2% bf to 22.5%

(PJ) #520

I’m thinking of taking up ACV, since I returned to a cyclic taking of the medication, my BG went up. (Not as much as on the other medication too, which I’m off forever, but still significant compared to my norm which is 70s-80s.) Do you find that ACV really helps or is that one of your experimental parameters still?

PS glorious window shot. So glad you had fun with the fam.