High Protein Modified "Keto + Fasting" muscle building with low fat

(Karim Wassef) #401

I like to think I just took one big slice out of the middle of a tuna fish… mako shark style

(Mark Rhodes) #402

Carol i really like Volume 2. However there are two that focus exclusively on women because there are certain postures and movements easier for women or some that men do easily and women struggle with. So I think if you need a really good foundation start with Vol 2. If you think you have a solid foundation then try one of the one’s targeted for women.

But truly? I cannot stop buying these. Stretching, core heck I even bought the martial arts one and I have never done martial arts. The information is so wonderful and beautifully illustrated I cannot resist.

(Mark Rhodes) #403

There are two. They are not exactly the same.

(Karim Wassef) #404

Cancun

(Little Miss Scare-All) #405

Niiiiice Karim!! Did the kids come, too?

(Karim Wassef) #406

Yes. Wifey and the girls - super family time! :heart:

(Karim Wassef) #407

No scale in the room and I didn’t pack my mini-scale… so I requested one… we’ll see

Otherwise I’m only going to have blood glucose and ketones for data - 12 days…

Fun day and I ate carnivore three times - so that’s my version of vacation = no OMAD

Breakfast
Eggs (3 sunny + 3 scoops scrambled), bacon (7?), sausage (5?), smoked salmon (1slice), cheese (3 spoons??)

Lunch
Burger patty with cheese
Fish (4 pieces)

Dinner
Foie Gras appetizer (no pic, but it was a small triangle)
Lamb Gigot main (2 pieces?)

Without a food scale - I’m going to have a hard time estimating this stuff… open to anyone who’s experienced enough to eye the weight of these items.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #408

32 lbs

(Karim Wassef) #409

Thanks. Can you itemize that by food item? :joy:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #410

I’m not thaaaat good. :thinking:

Burger patty looks about 100g?
Fish about 150g?

(Cristian Lopez) #412

Can someone inform me about this sub forum?
That’s a shit ton of protein! Is she trying to Gluconeogenisize all of it or prove a point that too much protein doesn’t kick you out of ketosis?
I’m so confused? Also isn’t she worried about her BUN levels going up and ammonia over load?

(Cristian Lopez) #413

Forgive me, I just scanned over this forum and didn’t know if it’s a he or she or if it’s a group experiment.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #414

Karim is a he, and he does all sorts of self-experimentation on himself with various keto variations.

And Happy Birthday, homie! @Karim_Wassef

(Cristian Lopez) #415

Oh cool! What’s he doing right now?

(mole person) #416

Weren’t you losing less lean mass when you were doing carnivore? For most of that experiment you were much lower on protein and much higher on fats.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #417

Well he just got done doing a fish experiment. Now he’s on vacation lol. But it’s a great thread to check out for some cool n=1 experiments.

(Susan) #418

Happy Birthday Karim, have a lovely holiday with your wife and children =).

(Mame) #419

Cancun looks great and I hope your birthday is as well!

(Karim Wassef) #420

Yes. The high protein results were not as good as carnivore. No explanation or validation yet… but it all hinges on one DEXA datapoint.