High Protein Modified "Keto + Fasting" muscle building with low fat

(Tony ) #181

Hey Karim, its to try to reset your metabolism so your gains to-date become the norm. With 2MAD your body will think its on easy street, leave it there a short time so that becomes the normal, and then restart all your efforts.

(Tony ) #182

I’ve seen this theory a few times on YouTube keto channels

(Karim Wassef) #183

I’ve gone down to my college waist of 32”… down to hip bones at this point. :joy:

(Karim Wassef) #184

We go on vacation July 12th… I was planning on “resetting” then. :slight_smile:

(Tony ) #185

Wow, that’s amazing. I wouldn’t think you need to be any smaller ( I could be wrong ) .
I think you need to be careful your body doesn’t go into “flight” mode else it might/ will burn muscle

(Tony ) #186

Did you ever get your testosterone checked ?

(Tony ) #187

If your testosterone is low then the fat will hang around ( due to the ratio of testosterone to estrogen getting out of balance ) and that makes muscle much harder to grow.

(Karim Wassef) #188

I lose fat just fine. It’s the muscle gaining that’s the problem.

My total testosterone was normal, but the SHBG was elevated so free testosterone was lower than average but still in the normal zone. No real explanation on why SHBG was low.

(Tony ) #189

You may well have a similar genetic style muscle fibre make up to me - and that is that muscle growth does not come easily.

(Tony ) #190

Also there is no such thing as a known " normal " testosterone level. Some guys start high within the overall average range, then drop to mid range as they age. They would then be smack in the mid range, but they suffer greatly because for then there had been a big drop. Do you have any test results from say 10yrs back to compare.

(Karim Wassef) #191

no. I never got tested before this year. I’m in the middle.

(Tony ) #192

Maybe the ( a ) sports DNA test might shed some results.
( I’m dna wise not built for muscle, I’m built for endurance…)

(Tony ) #193

This is what I got told -

Dear Tony,

It’s time to reveal more about what makes you unique so you can take action and become your best self.

YOUR MUSCLE FIBRES ARE NOT MADE FOR POWER TRAINING

Your fast-twitch muscle fibres don’t produce any ACTN3 protein, which is needed for fast and powerful muscle performance.

LET’S TURN THIS INSIGHT INTO ACTION

Don’t worry, this doesn’t mean you’ll never be strong or have the muscle definition of an Olympic sprinter. It just means you’ll have to train differently. We recommend low intensity training with lighter weights with more sets and repetitions.

Its not what I wanted to hear !!!

(Karim Wassef) #194

thanks for the insight. I don’t know if I trust DNA testing as it stands today just yet.
I believe that we can change our epigenetics and unlock our ancestral potential vs. identify what we’re able to do as it is.

(Tony ) #195

I actually use Keto to loose weight, well initially anyway, but now I use it for the many other health benefits.

(Karim Wassef) #196

I did too. I don’t want to lose “weight” though. I’m ok losing fat, but I really want to gain muscle without gaining fat.

(Karim Wassef) #197

(Tony ) #198

Well maybe we can change, but we are all evolving and changing. In nature all changes happen for a reason. For instance I’m left handed, and so is all my family but according to researchers left handed people didn’t exist 1500 years ago, so its an evolutionary change. But they also point out such changes do not occur unless there is something to be gained. The gain ??, I have been told that brain function is more evenly spread, making left handers less prone to traumatic brain damage, handy in old world battles ( and car accidents !!)

(Karim Wassef) #199

I see my DNA as a library of my ancestry. Most of it is locked up except for those parts I unlock by my behavior, diet, environment, etc…

I just need to find the right keys.

Leucine is one of those, in my opinion. Heavy exercise and keto foods are others.

(Tony ) #200

That’s a good article you posted. I agree, lots of protein is required, especially as the body ages. To be honest I have never done macros. I exist on heaps of meat and cheese, almost no veggies and little fruit. I sometimes eat huge 1 1/2 lb steaks for a meal ( 700-800 g, I’m in Australia ) so I’m sure I’m getting plenty of protein.
My ketone levels Max out at .7 ( that’s point seven ) never any higher, but the weight just fell off. Like you are / were , I’m a bit of a carnivore keto type…