High oleic sunflower oil

Has anyone tried high oleic sunflower oil? The fatty acid ratio of omega 3:6 is even better than EVOO. Sally Fallon, from the Weston A. Price Foundation, has approved it It is also milder than olive oil so works very well if you are sensitive to the strong bite of the EVOO.

(I like to post memes!) #2

If it’s good for Sally, it’s good for me! She’s a goddess!

(Richard Morris) #3

Dr Phinney (:phinney: ) prefers a high oleic Safflower oil.

Does Dr. Phinney have any data regarding the omega 3:6 ration of the polyunsaturates in high oleic Safflower Oil?

We have two farms here in WI that are producing cold pressed, organic, high oleic Sunflower Oil. The seeds for these sunflowers are bred to be high oleic. Quite unique I believe.

(Richard Morris) #5

I believe he had a friend who was able to lab test his available supply - and he was able to choose the best available.

(Mark Bousquet) #6

How’s it made?

I’m not sure how they cold press the oil out of the seeds. You can get more information from the following: www.centurysunoil.com

(gideon825) #8

can you provide a quote to this reference?

(Richard Morris) #9

He mentioned it in a lecture. I’ll have to review the usual ones to find it for you.

Here ya go

Here’s an interesting post from Break Nutrition (a guest post) with details about Omega 6 vs 3. Does anyone have any contrasting or supporting information?

http://breaknutrition.com/omega-6-fats-alternative-hypothesis-diseases-civilization/

(Richard Morris) #11

We spoke to Dr Peter Ballerstedt last night for an upcoming podcast … on just this topic.

(Rachel) #12

So what are the safe oils to eat?