High insuline at 8 o clock in the evening and the recommendation of not eating then

insulin

Jason Fung suggest that we should not eat as late as 8 o clock in the evening because then the insulin respons is at its highest. But isn’t the problem the insulin between meals, not after the meal? Insulin should go up after a meal! So what is the problem if it is high? It may go down again fast.

(Doug) #2

As I recall, later in the day insulin not only goes higher, but also remains higher for a longer time - giving a substantially higher overall level.

Ok, if that is true I understand completely.

(Tina Emmons) #4

I just heard this topic in a podcast. They stated that the insulin “response” is 25% to 50% higher after dark so if you’re trying to correct IR, it may be something to pay attention to. I’m actually doing this now. ADF, lunch every other day. Maybe small snack at night, bone broth, bit of cheese or HWC mousse if needed. I’ve always been an eat at night person but I’ve found it very easy to not have dinner if I’ve preemted with a nice fatty meal during the day. If we’re thinking “primal” here, makes sense that our ancestors would not have eaten after dark. Circadian rhythms and all.

(Ethan) #5

I wish I could do that, but there is so little opportunity to have a fatty lunch

(Tina Emmons) #6

Agreed! Takes mega planning. That’s why I do most of my fasting on work days. I work 12-hr days and don’t use microwaves so it takes some brain power. At least I only have to plan one meal every other day! Haha

(Ethan) #7

I also fast 3/5 work days. It makes it much easier to eat less often. Food is cheaper too I found and I am more able to recover after a fault